Head of People & Team Development (Performance psychology)
|Sector||Federations & LOCs|
|Function||Coaching & Sports Development, Legal, IT, HR, Finance & Procurement|
Win the World Cup in 2022 and sustain success thereafter
To deliver against this inspiring goal we are changing how we work, reallocating resources and investing heavily to create a team of exceptional people capable of creating winning England teams at our world-class training facilities at St George’s Park in Staffordshire.
This is a unique and exciting time to join The FA in an integral role to the organisation achieving its goals.
As Head of People & Team Development you will lead the strategic and operational development of a world leading programme of psycho-social support to all England teams. Working with our elite coaches, players and support staff, you and your team of full time staff and consultants will build upon the work already embedded to further the development of psychological resilience and a high performance culture which will underpin the future success of our teams.
- Lead, manage and develop a team of people & team development coaches (including psychologists) and consultants to ensure a consistent, high quality service is delivered
- Directly deliver people and team development services to elite England teams as required, working with players, coaches and support staff to create a high performance culture and the psychological resilience for success at the highest levels of tournament football
- Lead a programme of research to underpin service delivery and ensure connection to best practice
- Develop and deliver a holistic, comprehensive elite coach development programme for national coaches which enables the development of all attributes of a high performance international coach
- Create and develop links to peers in other sports and agencies to ensure best practice is benchmarked and maintained
- Support the transition of the current technical division staffing structure and culture into a the new high performance teams model in international football
- Develop and manage relationships with key external service providers to ensure the highest quality services are offered and delivered
- Planning & management of departmental budget
You will have extensive experience in leading people and team development in an elite sport environment with proven skills in disciplines such as psychological support, coaching, mentoring and elite team development. You will possess professional qualifications in at least one of these disciplines.
You will have a proven track record in managing teams of practitioners and external service providers and be qualified to at least degree level but preferably beyond.
As well as outstanding academic and applied knowledge of contemporary practice in the psychology of high performance , your track record of successfully integrating into established and developing coaching & management teams will be second to none.
Your experiences and references will have proven your ability to sustainably deliver at the highest levels of sport and demonstrate your resilience and persistence in succeeding in challenging performance environments.
Your career so far will have shown the ability to deliver sustainable programmes of work with demanding groups in sport and show your agility in responding to the changes demands of high performing teams.
If you believe you have what it takes to make a difference to England Team success, please get in touch.
To find out more about the role please contact Susan Couper, Resourcing Manager - firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not send CV's or applications to this email address as they will not be considered.
The deadline for applications is midnight on Sunday 15th January with interviews currently scheduled to take place on Friday 10th February 2017 at St George’s Park, Burton upon Trent.
The Football Association Group promotes Equal Opportunities in employment, and welcomes applications from all parts of the community. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your covering letter.
The Football Association (FA)
The Football Association was founded in 1863 as the governing body of the game in England. The FA is responsible for all regulatory aspects of the game of football in England.