Media & PR Coordinator
|Sector||Federations & LOCs|
|Function||Business Development & Sales, Events & Operations|
Division / Unit: Communications / Media Relation & Research
Contract type: Fixed Term
Start date: 01.02.2017
End date: 31.01.2019
As a member of the UEFA media desk, the Media and PR Coordinator is part of an international media relations team and participates in the press office's activities and events, dealing directly with the media by answering enquiries related to UEFA's activities and its competitions.
- Acting as the media's point of contact at UEFA, answering media enquiries and preparing necessary statements;
- Organising press conferences, media briefings, interviews and press kits for specific events;
- Producing and delivering daily press reviews and media clippings grouped by topic;
- Taking care of media accreditations for specific events, i.e. the UEFA Congress, UEFA Executive Committee meetings, press conferences and other meetings;
- Drafting media releases, media information and articles for the internet and UEFA publications;
- Assisting in preparing facts, figures, factsheets, Q&As and news items that can be promoted proactively in the media;
- Carrying out research, updating and maintaining the media database;
- Coordinating media team logistics.
- At least four years of relevant experience in a similar role in an international press office
- Bachelor's in journalism, communications or public relations
- French / Proficient
- English / Proficient
- Being fluent in another language (ideally German, Italian or Spanish) would be an asset
- Knowledge of sport and of football in particular
- MS Office / Proficient
The Union of European Football Associations is the administrative body for association football in Europe.