Hospitality Operations Manager, Tickets & Hospitality
|Sector||Agencies & Sponsors|
|Function||Events & Operations, Ticketing, Hospitality & Protocol|
|Contract Type||Fixed Term|
Reports to: Account Director
Contract Type: Fixed Term (March 2017 – August 2018)
Octagon is looking for a significantly experienced Hospitality Operations Manager to join a dynamic team, working with a major FIFA Sponsor. The candidate must have relevant experience in the creation and delivery of hospitality programmes for major brands in the sports landscape.
The Hospitality Operations Manager will be responsible for all implementing our hospitality concept, sourcing local suppliers, logistics planning and on the ground event execution for both the FIFA Confederations Cup and FIFA World Cup taking place in Russia over the next 2 years.
You will be Responsible for:
- Working with the account team to plan and manage all elements of the operational delivery of the project
- Plan and manage the onsite operations through bump in, event time and bump out establishing effective operational and communication systems
- Effectively manage changes to the project throughout planning and on site phases
- Preparing briefs and sourcing multiple quotes for 3rd party services, creation of payment schedules and deadlines, looking for cost effective measures and always working in line with procurement procedures
- Develop and manage relationships with suppliers
- Develop and manage relationships with the MATCH Hospitality for FIFA Stadium Hospitality in consultation with the Account Director
- Provide support to client in consultation with the Account Director and coordinate where requested any pre-event site trips
- Manage guest communication requirements as directed by the client and in consultation with the Project Director (e.g. production of invitations and communication to VIP invited guests)
- Establish specific staff training needs for project including for the client team working at the venue
- Develop training / operational manuals to ensure team has thorough knowledge of all procedures
- Responsible for conducting supplier risk assessments and ensuring all venues and services are compliant with Health and Safety legislation
- Assist with post event reconciliation and post tournament reporting
This could be your next right move if:
- You pay attention to the details and anything worth doing is worth doing right every single time. You stay focused and nothing gets missed.
- You think on your feet and use your initiative. You like learning new things and can quickly adapt when things change
- You communicate clearly. You can write well, you speak in an engaging way and can explain your thoughts and ideas succinctly
- You thrive on working on a number of projects at any one time.
- You’re a natural at building rapport with just about anyone at any level in an organisation.
- You enjoy solving problems and finding creative solutions to difficult challenges.
- You have the ability to collaborate across disciplines, departments and client’s additional agency partners or suppliers.
- You like helping other people succeed. You enjoy teaching other people something and are a real team player.
- You are patient, level headed and cool under pressure.
- You have a passion for sports
- You have a sense of humour
- You enjoy your work taking you to different parts of the world
You will also need to have:
- Relevant work experience within sports and entertainment marketing working with large global sponsors.
- Strong sense of project management and multi discipline coordination.
- Proven experience of managing large logistically complex hospitality programmes within a face paced environment
- High level Power Point Skills, Excel and Outlook and a confidence to present internally and externally
- The ability to travel when required internationally and being based there for extended periods of time during events.
It’s not essential but will really help if:
- You are fluent in any other languages particularly German, Spanish, Italian or French
- You have a Health and Safety qualification/certification
We’re the global sports, entertainment and lifestyle-marketing arm of IPG. A collection of 800 fans bound by a single mission: To create work that earns attention.
HOW WE SEE THE WORLD
We live in a world where time is our most precious commodity, and our audiences’ patience has never been shorter. As an industry, we’ve never had to work harder to gain the attention of the people we’re trying to reach. The way we see it, there’s two ways to go about it.
Attention is either bought or it’s earned.
Paid attention ensures your brand will be heard – and that's a good start. But attention that’s earned ensures your audience actually listens to what you're saying.
At Octagon, our purpose is to create work that earns attention. Through smart partnerships and generous ideas, we compete for, capture, and ultimately earn the attention of those who matter most.
Have we got yours?
If you are interested, inspired and energised by what you read and are ready for your next right move then put yourself forward for this role by sending your cover letter and CV by 13th January 2017.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment, lifestyle marketing and talent representation agency of the Interpublic Group.