Events Assistant (Internship) Extreme Sailing Series™
|Location||Isle of Wight, UK|
|Sector||Agencies & Sponsors|
|Function||Events & Operations|
|Contract Type||Fixed Term|
OC Sport Overview
OC Sport is a global sports marketing and events company specialising in professional sailing and outdoor sports, especially in running and cycling. The company can be found in every outdoor arena: oceans, lakes, mountains, deserts and city centres. Operating from bases in Switzerland, France, the UK and Singapore. OC Sport is an award-winning and leading event management company and rights holder, it manages competitive teams and athletes and provides consultancy to global brands, host venues and other event organisers.
Extreme Sailing Series™ is entering in its eleventh season in 2017, comprising 8 events across 4 continents. The 'stadium racing' and short-style races pioneered by OC Sport for the circuit brings the racing right in front of the spectators. Extreme Sailing Series is a comprehensive sailing entertainment event that packages the sport to appeal to the public and media, also providing an award-winning experiential VIP guest experience.
Two event assistants will both work full time on all Extreme Sailing Series events. This will either be on-site at the event itself, or remotely from the UK office. Working remotely allows time to build a relationship with the Host Venue Managers and develop both skills and knowledge in specific areas of interest.
- Supporting the Host Venue Managers to deliver the overall event
- Tasks will include but not be limited to; bench marking suppliers, managing orders and deliveries of services e.g. cleaning, security, serving staff, plants, flowers.
- Post event reconciliation such as processing invoices through the accounts team, updating database systems and providing overall event feedback
- Logistical organisation for each event, including flights, transfers, accommodation and food arrangements for a team of up to 70 people
- Writing and distributing a roadbook, travel plans and other necessary documents for the team
- Working with budgets and cost optimisation policies
During the event:
- Working with the wider events team on the physical set-up and pack up operations at venues
- Delivering five star levels of guest experience for VIP guests
- Managing volunteers
- Processing purchase orders and invoices through the accounting system
- Updating the company database systems
- Providing administrative and reception support in the Cowes office
- UK or EU National
- Excellent English (written and conversational)
- Affinity with, and basic knowledge of, sports and the sports marketing industry
- Team player
- Proactive approach to problem solving using initiative
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure
- Additional languages would be beneficial
- Experience of premium hospitality preferred
- The ability to maintain a positive attitude when working on-site at events with long work days
- Good knowledge of iOS systems and computer software (Excel, Word, Keynote etc. – the company uses the mac operating system)
- Physically fit, as some tasks within the role will be physically demanding e.g. loading/unloading containers
- Flexibility and willing to travel (an average of 2 months in total through the year)
- Driving licence would be beneficial
- January 2017 for 12 months
- £550 per month contribution to living costs
- 20 working days holiday per annum
- Travel & accommodation will be paid if attending events; expenses are paid in accordance with current company policies
- Travel costs for one return travel from your home to Cowes with prior approval
- Office hours are generally 9am - 5.30pm, but you may be required to work extra hours during busy periods
How to apply?
Your application MUST be in English and include a CV as well as a covering letter.
OC Sport is a global sports marketing and events company specialising in professional sailing and outdoor sports ranging from running, cycling, to more extreme sports including adventure racing and trail running.