|Sector||Clubs & Teams|
|Function||Marketing & Communications, Agency, PR & Communications, Agency, PR & Marketing|
Established in 1884, Leicester City Football Club is a recognised and leading Football Club, achieving outstanding success as the current Premier League champions. Following a period of growth, Leicester City Football Club is recruiting a PR Executive to support the Club’s positive public profile through generating, planning and delivering effective, engaging PR opportunities that highlight the Club’s wider commercial, community and charitable activities.
The ideal candidate will have excellent people skills and an ability to build profitable, long-term relationships both with colleagues and members of the media.
The main elements of the role are outlined below:
- To establish and maintain strong, professional relationships between the club and the local, regional, national and international media, particularly with relevant non-football media outlets.
- To broaden the Club’s PR reach through engaging new, targeted, specialist media outlets that can more effectively promote the Club’s good work in specified fields.
- To use the club's assets and talent, particularly its players, to generate positive coverage of the Club’s commercial, community and charitable activities, adding value to the Club’s relationships with partners and stakeholders.
- To work with relevant departments within the Club to identify and plan effective, creative PR opportunities that fit with the Club’s commercial, community and charitable goals.
- To work with the Content team within the Media Department to develop creative internal and external PR opportunities that will make the Club a market-leader in non-football PR activation.
- To write and delivery appropriate briefs to ensure that all assets and talent are adequately prepared for all relevant PR opportunities so that their involvement can be maximised.
- To reasonably contribute to the club's in-house content platforms as is necessary or requested, particularly around the time of major events.
- To work with the club's Media Relations Officer to explore opportunities to combine players' contractual, football media obligations with positive PR opportunities that highlight the club's work in commercial, community and charitable fields.
We are looking for a candidate ideally with the following skills and qualifications:
- At least two years of experience in a press office environment with experience of managing media contacts and proactive PR activation.
- Excellent organisational skills and the agility to adapt to changing circumstances at short notice.
- An acute understanding of the modern media landscape, including the influence of digital and social media.
- An understanding of commercial relationships and how to effectively service the needs of Club partners.
- Outstanding, creative and accurate copywriting skills and proof-reading experience.
- A creative, open-minded approach to work.
- The ability to listen to others and to work well as part of a team.
- The ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- A full, clean driving licence.
- Competence in IT, including the use of standard Microsoft Office programmes.
- An awareness and experience of social networking on behalf of a company, including Facebook/Twitter/You Tube/Google+, Instagram and Snapchat.
Reporting directly to the Head of Media, the ideal candidate will be flexible to work unsociable hours including occasional home and away matches. A full, clean, valid driving licence is essential.
If you feel you have the skills and experience required to succeed in this role, please send your CV and salary expectations.
Closing Date: Wednesday 7th December 2016
Leicester City Football Club is an equal opportunities employer.
Leicester City Football Club is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable groups and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Leicester City Football Club
Leicester City Football Club is an equal opportunities employer and committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.