Head of Communications
Purpose of the job
The Head of Communications (m/f) secures optimum media exposure of Red Bull Air Race, Host City Partners and partners of the Red Bull Air Race World Championship within internal and external media. He/She will design, direct and deliver communication strategies to build the profile, awareness and credibility of the Red Bull Air Race World Championship, working with all sectors of the media: broadcast, press and digital
Key Responsibilities, Tasks and Activities
Global Communications Project Management
- Coordinate and manage global overall communication of the exciting Red Bull Air Race. This includes defining the strategy for all channels, leading the team, creation of content in close cooperation with the project team and Red Bull Media House specialists as well as coordinating and analyzing the Media Monitoring.
- Lead the entire moving images production of the series and create the best fitting products for global distribution.
- Responsible for country activation projects in coordination with the local and partner / sponsor teams, defining content creation and distribution.
- Set global quality standards for best practice motor sports communication and organize complete media and PR work on and off site for the project.
- Ensure close collaboration with our national Communication Managers within different countries.
- Provide national Communication Managers with parts of the communication strategy, guide, enable and support them.
- Consult the national Communication Managers on national projects and daily work such as regular contact and feedback. You will support partners and sponsors in media work around the pilots and series.
- Responsible for the event PR and communication from “before the event communication” until “after the event distribution”.
- Responsible for event operations and on site management and safeguard according to international standards
Requirements, Education and Experience
- Minimum 10 years of experience in journalism/TV/print/photo/web or content management
- Event experience from previous jobs with e.g. event companies, event sponsors, PR, media or production/distribution agencies
- Worked in the sport business and possesses managerial skills and experience
Skills and Knowledge
- Advanced knowledge from Communication and Marketing studies or similar
- In-depth knowledge of event communication, media work, media and moving images productions, moving and still images distribution and PR
- Excellent marketing skills & understanding, as well as correspondence
- Excellent English and German skills (written and oral); native English or German speaker
- Strong affinity with new media
- Enthusiastic about sports and motorsports
- Open-minded, diligent, team-oriented, exact and flexible
- Resilient and passionate, structured and well-organized
- Willingness to travel