Director Marketing – Digital Sports
|Location||London & Munich|
|Sector||Media, Technology & Broadcast|
|Function||Marketing & Communications, Brand Marketing|
Reporting to the Managing Director and working closely with the Director Marketing Operations, the Director Marketing Digital Sports will be responsible for defining and shaping marketing strategies to ensure Sportradar is best positioned in an increasingly competitive market place. While primarily working on non-US markets, this role will closely collaborate with their US counterpart to define a global marketing strategy. You will be passionate about the digital space and have strong experience in working with successful media companies.
- Develop an aligned strategy, roadmap and content for external positioning of Sportradar across multiple channels and target markets (customer, media, industry events, marketing campaigns)
- Design, lead and implement a marketing business model that aligns with Sportradar’s strategic initiatives and that is measurable
- Gather competitive and industry marketing intelligence; disseminate trends and learnings throughout the organisation
- Accountable for building, deploying and measuring tactical communications that drive actions and revenue growth
- Oversee the delivery of Sportradar’s communications / public relations messages and strategy (via the Director Communications & Public Affairs) and coordinate external public relations resources; serve as a liaison in communicating with media, channel partners, and other press
- Define and develop a distinctive and engaging brand positioning and identity which builds affinity with the Sportradar brand and encourages existing and potential third parties (customers, employees, etc.) to interact with, investigate, and come back to the brand
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s Degree preferred
- 6+ years of experience in an international strategic marketing and communications position preferably in a B2B environmentProven experience working for a successful media company in a strategic marketing capacity
- Brand management experience with a passion for brand development and communications
- Successful track record elevating brand perception and awareness using both strategic and creative approaches
- Progressive, creative thinking and design capabilities
- Strong communications and interpersonal savvy working within peer groups, external business partners, and cross-functional teams
- Strategic thinker with the ability to identify strategic needs, resource key projects, translate marketing strategies into measureable actions, and implement results
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, presentation and organisational skills
- Project Management
- Fluent in English (written and spoken), another European language will be considered as a plus
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Highly self-motivated, leading by example and enthusiasm
- Being a team player, with the ability to work with new teams immediately
- Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities as well as product environments and able to work to tight deadlines
- Patience, tactfulness, diplomacy and approachability
- Commitment to upholding the highest professional work standards and ethics
Sportradar is a global leader in understanding and leveraging the power of sports data and digital content for its clients around the world. We provide cutting-edge solutions and services to media companies, bookmakers, sports federations and state authorities.
We are a truly international business employing over 1,650 people in more than 30 locations around the world. Our rapid growth has been driven by technological innovation alongside an understanding of our clients’ business needs. It is our commitment to excellent service, quality and reliability that makes us the trusted partner of more than 800 companies in over 80 countries.
We occupy a unique position at the intersection of the sports, media and betting industries. This creates an exciting and fast-moving working environment that rewards creative thinking and hard work. We are passionate about what we do, and we care passionately about our people.
If you think you’re up to the challenge, come and help us to grow, innovate and develop!
Sportradar is the world’s leading supplier of sports and betting-related data.