|Sector||Federations & LOCs|
|Function||IT, Legal, IT, HR, Finance & Procurement|
The Football Association (The FA) is the governing body of football in England. We are responsible for promoting and developing the game at all levels; from grass roots through to the professional game, The FA Cup and the England International teams, and has two core assets: Wembley Stadium and St George’s Park.
Overview of the role:
Part of the Solution Delivery team, this role provides the “shop-floor” software development. The candidate must interpret the technical specifications in the context of the original business requirements, and provide solutions that meet or exceed these requirements.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensure that all code meets standards and that proper process is followed, including use of source control systems
- Monitor changes to existing code base to ensure on-going supportability and robustness of software solutions.
- Aid project manager / team lead in breaking down functional requirements into explicit programming tasks and provide estimates where required
- Communicate project progress, timelines, and impact of changes clearly to project manager / team lead.
- Become familiar with core systems in order to be able to assist in the future development of such projects.
- Design and develop software solutions in a timely manner, in accordance with the guidance provided by the technical architect and senior developers. Work alongside contracted developers ensuring they produce the same.
- Diagnose bugs and offer workarounds to business
- Keep up-to-date with latest developments in technology.
- Executes additional tasks as required in order to meet FA Group changing priorities
What we are looking for:
- Commercial experience of Dynamics CRM 2011 (or later) customisation including plugins, workflows, dialogues and security
- Commercial web development experience using C# (v3.5/4.0), ASP.NET, T-SQL in an enterprise environment
- Experience with unit testing
- Experience using Team Foundation server
- Experience with logical data design, and in designing schemas for relational database systems
- Experience with design and development of n-tier architectures
- Knowledge of OOP and common design patterns.
- Knowledge of Agile/Scrum/TDD
What we can offer:
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary for the right candidate.
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your covering letter
The Football Association (FA)
The Football Association was founded in 1863 as the governing body of the game in England. The FA is responsible for all regulatory aspects of the game of football in England.