Communications Manager – 9 months Maternity Cover
|Sector||Agencies & Sponsors|
|Function||Marketing & Communications|
|Contract Type||Permanent, Fixed Term|
OC Sport is a global sports marketing and events management company specialising in professional sailing and outdoor events. It manages competitive teams and provides consultancy to brands, host venues and other events. Our offices in France, Switzerland, the UK and China form the OC Sport Group.
OC Sport’s media and communications department is a team that exists in house to service the needs of the projects and the company corporate communications.
We are looking to appoint a multi-skilled Communications Manager for a period of nine months to head up our communications team. They will be responsible for developing innovative communication strategies across our projects with particular focus on the Extreme Sailing Series™. They will also be responsible for the day to day management of the media team as well as managing the organisation's internal and external communications.
As a senior manager the post holder will work with the Chief Executive, CEO and other Directors to shape the strategic direction of OC Sport and it’s sporting properties.
This is a multi-faceted role that will suit someone who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment, and working across multiple aspects of communications.
- Manage and oversee the communications, PR and design teams and their cross-project deliverables including communications, PR, digital and marketing activation
- Development of innovative communications strategy, planning and implementation in line with project objectives and targets to meet stakeholder deliverables
- Social media strategy and implementation to increase visibility and engagement
- Oversee planning and delivery of all media and marketing assets including digital (websites, social media platforms, email) and traditional (magazines, flyers, posters, media guides) in conjunction with marketing managers and design team
- Liaising with commercial team and project managers in respect of partner communication rights and deliverables, providing advise on attainable deliverables
- To oversee and approve all content (digital and traditional) relating to projects as relevant
- To oversee the procurement of external suppliers including PR agents, TV production and distribution, photography as well as ongoing management against deliverables
- To oversee the reporting and analysis ensuring relevant tools are in place in conjunction with PR team
- Budget management and cost-effective planning alongside wider media and project team
- Creation of content as needed, reviewing communications to ensure messaging is in line with project tone of voice
- Recruitment management alongside HR team as required
- Event attendance on an ad-hoc basis
- Development and implementation of external corporate communications strategy to promote the companies corporate reputation in line with the ambitions and strategic aspirations for the future of OC Sport
- Managing and updating all external corporate communications channels (eg company social media platforms and website) to ensure that the copy reflects company values
- Working with the senior management team, lead on all internal communications to bring employees together and to enhance access to basic information about the company and its projects
- UK or EU national.
- An experienced professional with demonstrable experience working in a senior management role in communication or related field.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent, preferably with a relevant professional qualification.
- Experience of broad communication activities.
- Strong experience in social media strategy and fans engagement
- passion for sport and ideally experience working in a sports environment.
- A good communicator with the ability to lead, inspire and motivate a team.
- The ability to communicate and work with a variety of different stakeholders – internal and external.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to build and maintain positive working relationships with colleagues, the media and other stakeholders.
- Able to prioritise your own and others work loads, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
OC Sport is a global sports marketing and events company specialising in professional sailing and outdoor sports.