Commercial Marketing Manager, Cycling Events
|Sector||Agencies & Sponsors|
|Function||Events & Operations|
|Salary||Salary dependant on experience|
OC Sport is a global sports marketing and event management company specialising in professional sailing, outdoor events, managing competitive teams and athletes, and providing consultancy to brands, host venues and other events. Our offices in the UK, France, Switzerland, USA and China form the OC Sport Group.
Launched in 2010, the Haute Route offers amateur riders the chance to ‘ride like a pro’ across the most iconic cols in the world (Dolomites, Pyrenees, Alps, Rockies, Ventoux). The Haute Route is a market leader and has an ambitious growth strategy over the next five years. Please visit: www.hauteroute.org
OC Sport is seeking to appoint an experienced Commercial Marketing Manager for its portfolio of amateur cycling events. This role will join a growing team servicing the rider sales, marketing, communication and PR objectives of the Haute Route and other cycling events. The correct candidate will have a strong marketing expertise, be able to develop and implement a pre-sale marketing strategy. Ideally the candidate will also have an in-depth knowledge of the cycling industry and a genuine passion for cycling.
The Commercial Marketing Manager will report directly to the Cycling Development Director and the Outdoor Events Director, and work in close collaboration with the wider Cycling Marketing, Media and Comms team. The position is a full time role, and depending on the credentials of the candidate, could be based in either London or in Lausanne. Regular monthly travel between offices will be expected, as will travel to events as relevant.
The Commercial Marketing Manager will work with a primary focus on rider sales for all amateur cycling events (existing or new) organised by OC Sport.
The role will involve:
- Analysis of the riders demand: profile, locations, motivations, entry barriers, etc.
- Haute Route brand: positioning, key messages, brand & logo evolution
- Market positioning of every cycling event
- Creation and implementation of rider sales & marketing strategies and action plans.
- Driving new rider sales through all social, digital & traditional channels
- Management of current team on all cycling related pre-sale marketing activities: PR & Media Partnerships, Digital Marketing and Operational Marketing. (Note: Event Communications activities are not part of the pre-sale marketing activities)
- Management of content and distribution for all pre-sale marketing materials, including but not limited to press releases, social media content, etc.
- Working with the PR team on the implementation of PR strategy to maximise media coverage and increase distribution in key markets
- Creating/overseeing media partnership opportunities in conjunction with PR team
- Management of annual budget
- Social media management including strategy and implementation, working alongside Digital Marketing Coordinator
- Reviewing, analysing and reporting on pre-sale marketing activities, measuring ROI and trends to direct future activities
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a results driven marketing and commercial role with a proven track record of delivering successful campaigns
- Ability to think strategically and to focus on results delivery
- Understanding of the cycling industry, the latest trends and developments to lead strategy and change in our own actions
- Experience of creating content for traditional and digital platforms
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to assess successes/failures across all marketing activities and adjust strategy accordingly
- Experience of managing a team
- Must be a UK or EU national
- English as a first language (excellent written and verbal skills) with fluency in French (or willing to undertake language training)
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to work to tight deadlines, cope with event pressures, and manage their own time effectively, who can take instruction and work well within a small and hard-working team
- A self-starting personality that’s comfortable working autonomously
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal, and the ability to work closely with a multi-cultural team, based across different locations
- An enthusiasm for travel and attendance at events throughout the year as required
A love of sport and outdoor events is a must!
OC Sport is a global sports marketing and events company specialising in professional sailing and outdoor sports.