Marketing and Promotions Officer
The International Cricket Council (“ICC”) is the global governing body for the sport, which administers all aspects of international cricket.
We are currently looking for a Marketing and Promotions Officer for the Commercial department, based at our headquarters in Dubai, UAE. The role will work closely with the Senior Marketing and Promotions Manager with the responsibility of assisting the Senior Marketing and Promotions Manager in the development and implementation of the ICC Qualifier Events Event
Promotional Plan, successful delivery of the Nissan Trophy Tour for ICC Events, the management of the Ambassador programme, the management of ICC Event brand identities and the implementation of Cricket For Good plan during ICC Events.
Responsibilities of the Marketing and Promotions Officer include but are not limited to the following:
- Creation and successful delivery of the Nissan Trophy Tour for ICC Events, which includes:
- Develop an integrated Nissan Trophy Tour itinerary with Nissan/agency;
- Ensure ICC and Nissan’s marketing objectives are defined and delivered through the Trophy Tour;
- Plan, produce and implement fan engaging activations during the Trophy Tour;
- Liaise with Host Member Board and event agency to develop and execute local leg;
- Supervise the global leg of the Nissan Trophy Tour - travel to participating nations to implement the activations;
- Liaise with ICC Sponsorship team and MRBD to ensure trophy display opportunities for other partners and broadcast licensees;
- Liaise with ICC Digital and ICC MAC to ensure the Nissan Trophy Tour is promoted on ICC digital platforms and through PR ;
- Continuously monitor and report on each leg of the Trophy Tour;
- Manage the Trophy movement during the event if applicable;
- Prepare the Trophy Tour report.
- Assist Senior Marketing and Promotions Manager in implementation of the Ambassador Programme, which includes:
- Provide input in deciding the list of event ambassadors and defining the scope of work;
- Assist in the negotiation and recruiting phase of the event ambassadors;
- Assist in finalising ambassador appearances across marketing activations; digital and PR;
- Liaise with the ICC Legal department on contracts;
- Manage the day-to day operations and delivery of the contract.
- Implementation of the Cricket For Good plan at ICC Events, which includes:
- Responsible for the delivery of the Cricket For Good and UNICEF clinics with players in each venue;
- Liaise with Team Manager, UNICEF and ICC venue managers to coordinate the clinics;
- Liaise with ICC MAC, ICC Digital and UNICEF to integrate promotions of the clinics.
- Development and implementation of ICC Event brand identities.
- Assist in the creation and implementation of the ICC Qualifier Event Event Promotions Plan.
Knowledge, Skills, Attitude and Experience
- A minimum 3 years’ experience in brand marketing;
- Professional experience of using all current social and digital media platforms;
- Experience of working with creative agencies and external vendors;
- Understanding of cricket and sport desirable;
- Exceptional time management skills and attention to detail;
- Proficient in the use of MS Office;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Motivated and enthusiastic attitude;
- Good team player with a flexible approach.
Conditions of employment
- The position is based in Dubai and will report to the Senior Marketing and Promotions Manager;
- The selected candidate will be required to provide two recent work references; and
- Compensation offered will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
If you feel that you can meet the challenge, please email your CV with a covering letter detailing your current salary and benefits and expectations.
The last date of responding to this advert is 20 October 2016. Due to the overwhelming number of quality applicants only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.