Single Handed Sailing Coach
|Location||New Territories, Hong Kong|
|Sector||Elite Performance & Coaching|
|Function||Coaching & Sports Development|
(Annual performance based remuneration package ranges from HK$443,124 to HK$843,348)
Reporting to the Head Sailing Coach, the Single Handed Sailing Coach will be responsible for the following duties:
- To coordinate, design, and implement training programmes for elite athletes in Optimist and Laser Classes in Hong Kong;
- To fully utilize and integrate scientific, medical and other athlete support services into the elite training programme to enhance elite training outcomes;
- To monitor athlete performance through comprehensive, multi-method assessment and regular evaluation;
- To provide timely and critically analyzed progress reports to the HKSI and Hong Kong Sailing Federation;
- To be responsible for administrative matters related to local and overseas squad training and competitions;
- To supervise the part-time coaches; and
- To assist the HKSI and Hong Kong Sailing Federation with coach education programmes.
- University degree or its equivalent;
- Holder of a recognized coaching qualification equivalent to Hong Kong Coach Accreditation Programme Level 3 Certificate;
- A minimum of 5 years’ professional coaching experience and proven record of achievement in coaching Sailing athletes of Optimist and Laser dinghies at national level or its equivalent;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- High level of computer literacy; and
- Awareness/ knowledge of Child Protection in sport and equal opportunity issues in the context of Hong Kong are an added advantage.
Please send full resume with current and expected salary, contact telephone number, email and postal addresses, and availability on or before 20 October 2016. Please quote reference no. GS-20161007-SALC(SH) in the application.
Appointment will be on a fixed term contract. General information is available at the website http://www.hksi.org.hk.
Applicants who are not invited for interview within six months may consider their applications unsuccessful.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence. Data collected will be used for recruitment and other employment-related purposes only.
The HKSI is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Hong Kong Sports Institute Limited (HKSI)
The HKSI’s mission is to provide an environment in which sports talent can be identified, nurtured and developed to pursue excellence in the international sporting arena benchmarked at Asian and Olympic Games results.