IPC Powerlifting Administration Assistant
|Sector||Federations & LOCs|
|Function||Legal, IT, HR, Finance & Procurement, Events & Operations, Admin|
IPC Powerlifting Administration Assistant (f/m), part-time
The International Paralympic Committee (IPC) is the global governing body of the Paralympic Movement. The IPC supervises the organisation of the Paralympic Summer and Winter Games, and serves as International Federation for ten sports, for which it supervises and co-ordinates the World Championships and other competitions. The IPC is committed to enabling Paralympic athletes to achieve sporting excellence and to developing sport opportunities for all persons with an impairment from the beginner to elite level. In addition, the IPC aims to promote the Paralympic values, which include courage, determination, inspiration and equality.
The IPC offers the position of a part-time IPC Powerlifting Administration Assistant (f/m) in a multi-cultural team at the IPC Headquarters in Bonn, Germany, starting on 01 July 2016.
These will be your tasks and responsibilities:
- Managing athletes’ and sport officials’ information and licensing matters, including in the IPC Sport Data Management System (SDMS) and Contact Management
- Maintaining and updating the IPC Powerlifting website and social media pages
- Administrating the IPC Powerlifting competition processes, including managing and validating competition entries, officials’ appointments, and Athlete Classification scheduling
- Maintaining sport databases, including the collection and upload of competition and classification results and validation of records
- Supporting the planning and administration of the sports’ educational courses
- Preparing statistical reports and presentations relating to results, classification, officials & classifiers and education
- Providing further administrative services and support to the Senior Sport Manager and Sport Technical Committee as required
You should be an energetic, open-minded individual with a passion to work for a global sports organisation.
Furthermore, you should meet these requirements:
- Prior understanding and experience in administration and database management is essential
- Excellent administration/organisational skills and a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written command of English (knowledge in other languages is a plus)
- High level of IT proficiency with excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including detailed database management in Excel
- Ability to operate with limited supervision and multitask in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Understanding of Paralympic sport and/or prior working experience in a sport or event-related environment is an advantage
- Creativity is welcomed and a knowledge of illustrator or other design programmes is beneficial
Do you want to apply?
Please also state your earliest possible starting date as well as your salary expectations (please give a precise figure in Euro).
We especially encourage individuals with impairments to apply.
If you have any further questions, do not hesitate to contact us or see detailed information on the IPC and the Paralympic Movement on our website under www.paralympic.org.
We look forward to your application!
International Paralympic Committee (IPC)
As one of the largest sports organisations in the world, the International Paralympic Committee (IPC) is the international umbrella organisation of sport for athletes with an impairment.