|Sector||Agencies & Sponsors|
|Function||Events & Operations, Marketing & Communications|
We are thrilled to be recruiting for a growing team, to deliver the most innovative hospitality and events programme, across a portfolio of iconic partnerships, for some of the biggest companies in the world.
You will be Responsible for:
- Direction of the hospitality and events programme for major partnerships
- Design and ‘champion’ for the overall programme, communication campaigns and budgets
- World-class leadership of a highly motivated account team
- Executional and operational excellence across all elements of programme delivery – pre/during/post event
- Oversee client relationship, providing pro-active consultancy, project management and reporting
- Oversee positive partner and stakeholder relationships, rights management and reporting
- Responsibility for all programme finances, measurement and KPIs
- Adherence to health and safety procedures
This could be your next right move if:
- You have directed and delivered outstanding hospitality and events programmes for clients
- You are a smart thinker and aren’t afraid to show it.
- You have the ability to think of creative ways to deliver the best solution for your clients’ needs.
- You are an expert in understanding the role of sponsorship in the marketing mix, and how sponsorship can be used to address a client’s brand and business challenges.
- You’re analytical in your approach and draw on broad sources of data and information to inform your decision making
- You pay attention to the details and anything worth doing is worth doing right every single time. You stay focused and nothing gets missed.
- You’re meticulous when it comes to budget management ensuring client budgets are well managed, tracked, reconciled and invoiced on time
- You think on your feet and use your initiative. You like learning new things and can quickly adapt when things change
- You communicate clearly. You can write well, you speak in an engaging way and can explain your thoughts and ideas succinctly
- You’re a natural at building rapport with just about anyone at any level in an organisation.
- You enjoy solving problems and finding creative solutions to difficult challenges.
- You have the ability to lead and collaborate across disciplines, departments and client’s additional agency partners.
- You’re a leader that is always looking to develop and get the best out of your team.
- You like helping other people succeed. You enjoy teaching other people something and are a real team player.
- You are patient, level headed and cool under pressure.
- You have a passion for sport
- You have a sense of humour
- You enjoy your work taking you to different parts of the world
You will need to have:
- A degree Qualification or equivalent
- Significant experience with hospitality and/or events
- Agency experience working in a similar role, ideally on large scale sporting events
- Significant experience of leading a small team
- High level Power Point Skills, Excel and Outlook and a confidence to present internally and externally
It’s not essential but will really help if:
- You are fluent in any other languages particularly German, Spanish, Italian or French
- You have a great passion and understanding of football or motorsports
We’re the global sports, entertainment and lifestyle-marketing arm of IPG. A collection of 800 fans bound by a single mission: To create work that earns attention.
HOW WE SEE THE WORLD
We live in a world where time is our most precious commodity, and our audiences’ patience has never been shorter. As an industry, we’ve never had to work harder to gain the attention of the people we’re trying to reach. The way we see it, there’s two ways to go about it.
Attention is either bought or it’s earned.
Paid attention ensures your brand will be heard – and that's a good start. But attention that’s earned ensures your audience actually listens to what you're saying.
At Octagon, our purpose is to create work that earns attention. Through smart partnerships and generous ideas, we compete for, capture, and ultimately earn the attention of those who matter most.
Have we got yours?
If you are interested, inspired and energised by what you read and are ready for your next right move then put yourself forward for this role by sending your cover letter and CV.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment, lifestyle marketing and talent representation agency of the Interpublic Group.