|Sector||Agencies & Sponsors|
|Function||Events & Operations, Marketing & Communications|
We are thrilled to be recruiting for a growing team, to handle a major new business win – delivering the most innovative hospitality and events programme, across a portfolio of iconic motorsports partnerships, for one of the biggest companies in the world.
You will be Responsible for:
- Management of hospitality and events programme for major motorsports partnerships – pre/during/post event
- Support the design of overall programme and its related communication (digital) and events
- Day-to-day management of client and partner communications and reporting
- Produce operational briefing and reporting documentation
- Oversight and management of bookings, guest registration and on-going communications
- Management of brand experience and representation on-site internationally
- Management of project finances in accordance with strict guidelines and processes
- Adherence to health and safety procedures
This could be your next right move if:
- You have managed and delivered outstanding hospitality and events programmes clients in the motorsports arena
- You pay attention to the details and anything worth doing is worth doing right every single time. You stay focused and nothing gets missed.
- You think on your feet and use your initiative. You like learning new things and can quickly adapt when things change
- You communicate clearly. You can write well, you speak in an engaging way and can explain your thoughts and ideas succinctly
- You thrive on managing a number of projects at any one time.
- You’re a natural at building rapport with just about anyone at any level in an organisation.
- You enjoy solving problems and finding creative solutions to difficult challenges.
- You have the ability to collaborate across disciplines, departments and client’s additional agency partners.
- You’re great at developing and getting the best out of your team, giving feedback and tackling issues or conflict head on. You like helping other people succeed. You enjoy teaching other people something and are a real team player.
- You are patient, level headed and cool under pressure.
- You have a passion for motorsports and a great knowledge of the key events, teams and drivers
- You have a sense of humour
- You enjoy your work taking you to different parts of the world
You will need to have:
- A degree Qualification or equivalent
- Solid experience with hospitality and/or events
- Agency experience working in a similar role, ideally on large scale motor sporting events
- Experience of managing a small team
- High level Power Point Skills, Excel and Outlook and a confidence to present internally and externally
It’s not essential but will really help if:
- You are fluent in any other languages particularly German, Spanish, Italian or French
We’re the global sports, entertainment and lifestyle-marketing arm of IPG. A collection of 800 fans bound by a single mission: To create work that earns attention.
HOW WE SEE THE WORLD
We live in a world where time is our most precious commodity, and our audiences’ patience has never been shorter. As an industry, we’ve never had to work harder to gain the attention of the people we’re trying to reach. The way we see it, there’s two ways to go about it.
Attention is either bought or it’s earned.
Paid attention ensures your brand will be heard – and that's a good start. But attention that’s earned ensures your audience actually listens to what you're saying.
At Octagon, our purpose is to create work that earns attention. Through smart partnerships and generous ideas, we compete for, capture, and ultimately earn the attention of those who matter most.
Have we got yours?
If you are interested, inspired and energised by what you read and are ready for your next right move then put yourself forward for this role by sending your cover letter and CV.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment, lifestyle marketing and talent representation agency of the Interpublic Group.