Business Development Executive
|Sector||Leisure & Health, Venues & Suppliers|
|Function||Business Development & Sales|
Position: Business Development Executive
Contract type: Permanent
Hours of work: 40 hours per week, 5 over 7 days - including evening and weekend work for racedays and non-raceday events
Closing Date: 23rd October 2016
Following the completion of a multi-million pound redevelopment of facilities, the racecourse seeks an ambitious Business Development Executive to proactively sell the racecourse events and facilities to local and national businesses, to meet the ambitious business growth plans over the next two years. The role will include proactive sales, account management and meeting, greeting & hosting clients on racedays.
The successful candidate will have previous experience working in a fast paced and demanding environment and demonstrate experience in a proactive sales capacity. This is an end to end role and you will be responsible for supporting your own administrative requirements. Any experience within a similar role for a racecourse, sporting venue, branded hotel or conference venue will be a significant advantage.
The ideal candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Sales experience in a proactive sales environment
- Good IT skills particularly Microsoft Office
- Effective networker, able to engage with clients of all levels
- Ability to work under pressure and manage a diverse workload
- Ability to work flexibly including evenings and weekends; attendance at out of hours events for networking is required on a regular basis
- Creative thinker
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communicator
- Enthusiastic and self motivated
- Team player
- Target driven
- Interest in or knowledge of horse racing is desirable
- Experience in a leisure or sporting environment is desirable
In return we will offer you:
- A competitive salary
- 22 days holiday per year plus Bank Holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Free parking
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- A range of racing & leisure benefits including complimentary tickets, offers and discounts at our racecourses and hotels across the Arena Racing Company and Galleon Hotel group.
How to Apply:
Please send a full CV together with a covering letter detailing where you saw the position advertised and current salary to Holli Grayshan (HR and Recruitment Coordinator) via the apply now button below.
Arena Racing Company
Arena Racing Company (“ARC”) is the largest racecourse operator in the UK with its racecourses hosting racing on over 300 days a year.