PR Senior Account Director
WeAreFearless is a new challenger engagement agency growing rapidly and winning a range of exciting Sports and Entertainment clients so we’re looking to hire more fearless thinkers and doers to join the team. Our proposition is boldness with backup and we specialize in brand partnerships, experiences and storytelling. We believe that humans don’t act if they don’t care. And no caring, means no sharing so we wanted to create a new type of agency that solves problems differently. We’ve been working with neuroscientists to take a more human centric and scientific approach to engagement. New tools, new models of engagement, fresh new ideas.
This is a unique opportunity in London to set up and shape our PR division and build a world-class capability. Off the back of winning some significant pan European Olympic Sponsorship and PR work, we’re looking for ambitious candidates who are hungry to make their mark and throw themselves into this entrepreneurial role. The successful candidate will be experienced in leading multi market PR campaigns, a strategic thinker, a stellar writer and a bold doer with a passion for doing things differently. You will help us define and oversee the implementation of our clients’ Olympic PR strategies and plans and create compelling PR content to guide our local market PR teams. Ideally, you will be passionate about Sports and Entertainment content and fluent in at least one other European language.
- This is a client-facing role leading our clients’ pan European Olympic PR strategy and comms plans, in close coordination with their local teams.
- You will understand brand comms strategy and have a proven track record of multi market and inspiring (Sports and Consumer) PR campaigns that drove significant reach and talkability.
- You will be comfortable writing strategy and building compelling presentations and plans
- You will passionate about NB and helping the agency grow its new PR client base
Campaigns & Content
- Inspire our team and clients with brilliant insight, ideas and creativity
- Build compelling pan European media campaigns and content that markets can localise
- Write great content from releases to Q&A’s to PR stories that hero the spirit of the brand and campaign
- Communicate best practise and comms innovations to the team
Stakeholders & Influencers
- Develops the PR influencers strategy in close collaboration with our Digital Team
- Experience and contacts in (pan European) Consumer, Lifestyle and Sport Media
- Connects with influential European media outlets and journalists to place stories in line with the brand’s and agency’s campaigns
- Pioneers the latest approach to seeding and content distribution to ensure the agency stays ahead of industry developments
- Maintains close relationships with partners, journalists and industry bodies to ensure the agency remains at the forefront of new developments and trends
- Provides thought leadership to clients on latest PR and Comms developments
- Networks within the industry to maintain a talent pool of freelance PR experts, writers and comms experts as required on new projects.
- Prove the success of the PR strategies through quantified evidence
- Identifies and reports on influencer trends to internal teams and advises on potential opportunities or risks
- Tracks KPIs related to PR goals such as sentiment, engagement, advocacy, reach and influence.
- Passionate and entrepreneurial with a keen interest and understanding of world class PR and Comms
- A bold and original thinker who loves doing things differently
- A stellar writer
- Collaborative team player with an ability to develop relationships at all levels
- A strong fit with the agency’s fearless values and beliefs
- Energetic for success and to drive things forward everyday, often on their own initiative
- Ability to challenge thinking at all levels with diplomacy and insight
- Trustworthy, reliable, confident and mature in dealings with clients, people and issues
- Stimulating and challenging to work with
- Organised, efficient and able to adhere to deadlines
- Proven experience as an AD or SAD in a pure PR and Comms agency role (or similar in Sponsorship or Sports Marketing agency)
- Proven track record running multi market PR campaigns and overseeing local PR Teams who ‘sell in’ the content with local media
- Ideal candidate will have experience pitching, crafting, and placing content externally through guest blogging &/or op-ed development
- Curiosity for PR best practise and award winning work
- Fluency in at least one other European language preferable – German, French, Spanish or Italian
- Keen interest and knowledge of sports and entertainment
- Comfortable dealing with clients at all levels and strong ability to think on your feet
- Exceptional understanding of PR tools, technologies, media and stakeholders
- Flexible approach to working hours is required (including weekends, bank holidays and unsociable hours if required)
- Excellent communication, verbal and written
- WeAreFearless is an equal opportunities employer
- We offer a competitive salary and package and discretionary bonus tied to business results
- We offer a stimulating and progressive career with a commitment to train and develop each team member so they remain constantly challenged and inspired to be as fearless as they can be.