The British Canoe Union is the National Governing Body for Canoeing encompassing Canoe England and the GB Canoeing Team. This is an exciting time for our organisation with a fantastic opportunity to build on the success of the sport and recently London 2012.
We are now recruiting a Commercial Director, this is a new role which will help drive our ambitions to develop a strong marketing, brand and commercial strategy to realise significant increased awareness and commercial revenue for the sport.
We need someone with the drive, ability and the experience to help build the BCU brand and strategy both online and offline and to drive commercial revenue across grassroots canoeing through to elite performance.
This is a key role for our organisation and as such we require an individual who has a good understanding of the commercial landscape for British sport, and the impact of London 2012 on the ability to raise commercial revenues. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of negotiating and managing commercial partnerships and sponsorship arrangements for an organisation to realise significant revenue. Experience of membership based propositions would be an advantage.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead with the senior management team in a collaborative way to roll out existing and new commercial programmes to maximise income generation, strategic targets and finances.
- Ensure existing products and services meet market needs, are priced accordingly and packaged appropriately.
- Lead the digital delivery of all the British Canoe Union products and services.
- In consultation with industry and internal sectors, develop and launch new products and services that include sponsorship and partnership capability whilst maintaining the integrity of the organisation.
- Maintain exacting budget lines with full profit and loss responsibility.
- Embed the values of the brands of the organisation throughout the home nations and across both internal and external stakeholders.
- Lead the business through a transformation process in response to changing market conditions and changing customer requirements.
- Work with Trade Associations, Executive Committees to maximise the value of partnerships and sponsorship opportunities from third parties.
- Manage complex relationship with funding partners (Governmental and sponsorship) in line with contracts and agreements.
Education and Qualifications
Educated to degree level with a Marketing and/or Business qualification.
Skills and Experience
B2B and B2C brand /service development from concept to success.
Classical marketing skills augmented with high level of hands on web/CRM experience.
Consulting or agency experience may be desirable but not essential.
Managed change and achieved rapid high growth.
Proven ability to manage and maintain complex stakeholder and partner relationships.
Excellent and proven project management capability.
Management of teams of individuals working across multiple business strands with varied needs.
Experience of complex distribution channel strategy e.g. travel, hotels, leisure, B2B, B2C.
Experience of membership based propositions.
Managed IT led processes e.g. digital marketing, web service, CRM, loyalty/membership programmes.
Full Driving Licence