The Union des Associations Européennes de Football (UEFA) was founded in Basle, Switzerland in 1954. Since then, the parent body of European football - one of six continental confederations of world football's governing body FIFA, works with and acts on behalf of Europe's national football associations and other stakeholders in the game to promote European football.
We have a clear vision, to promote, protect and develop European football at every level of the game, to promote the principles of unity and solidarity, and to deal with all questions relating to European football.
UEFA’s philosophy is that football benefits society by bringing people together, overcoming differences and promoting social integration, we believe football should contribute directly to key social projects and we aim to demonstrate our commitment to solidarity and sporting values in the widest sense.
UEFA's core objectives are to:
- deal with all questions relating to European football
- promote the game in Europe in a spirit of peace, understanding and fair play
- organise and conduct international football competitions and tournaments at European level
- prevent all methods or practices which might jeopardise the regularity of matches or competitions
- ensure that sporting values always prevail over commercial interests
- redistribute revenue generated by football in accordance with the principle of solidarity
Click here to discover the 11 key values of UEFA for European football's future.
Our people are committed to supporting the 54 national associations and to the success of all UEFA competitions. In return we offer a unique and exciting working environment at the heart of the European football. If you think working at UEFA would be a good match to your career aspirations, skills and experience then apply now.
Find out more about UEFA: