IAAF Diamond League Doha
The H+K Doha team have been busy this month supporting the PR and Communications around the IAAF Diamond League meeting in Doha. The team were tasked with:
- Raising awareness and generating excitement about the event
- Maintaining high communications standards from previous editions
- Promoting and profiling Qatari athletes participating
- Promoting Qatar as a world-class athletics host, looking ahead to Doha 2019
- Promoting and driving ticket sales
- Aligning communications amongst all local and international stakeholders
To fulfil this objective, the team undertook an extensive, multi-phase, integrated campaign both before and during the tournament.
In the event run up, local and international media were kept well fed with weekly press releases and features that announced key athletes and built momentum towards the start of the competition.
Across social, a variety of film and graphic content highlighted key athletes, promote ticket sales, educate and generate excitement.
When event week itself rolled around the team were once again thrust into action. They worked with local media to raise awareness of key Team Qatar athletes, launching a public press conference and hosting a local media briefing.
Live interviews conducted over Facebook provided an opportunity for fans to get to know some of the world’s best athletes before watching them.
An athletics masterclass and a Q+A session for local schoolkids generated media coverage and created compelling social content.
A press conference hosted in the City Center Mall allowed fans to interact with seven global superstars of athletics, as well as the media. Multiple press points throughout the event gave media the chance to speak to athletes as the competition took place.
The results of all this activity were truly impressive:
- The team distributed ten press releases and managed relations with over 80 accredited media
- That led to 341 media articles and a PR value of $3.5m
- Across social media there were 217k total engagements, a reach of 2.9million and 1.8million video views
A very successful week that again saw the H+K Doha team at the centre of the athletics world.
Interested in developing your career within Hill+Knowlton Strategies ? Click here to search the latest opportunities. Alternatively, give your career a boost by signing up to our ‘Jobs by Email’ and get the latest jobs relevant to you and your career ambitions direct to your inbox.