Since we, at the UEFA Academy, believe that real progress can only come from lifelong learning, we make sure that all football professionals can find a suitable way to develop at any stage of their careers. This is achieved by:
- Anticipating and addressing learning needs in the European football sector;
- Working in close cooperation with leading professionals and academic experts;
- Constantly assessing and adapting our activities through innovation in the learning formats, methodologies and content;
- Offering expertise in football executive education to support individuals and organisations in their development plans.
With the UEFA Academy, you can expect to:
- Develop your knowledge and skills through recognised learning initiatives led by UEFA that bring in the best professionals in the game supported by forward-thinking academics;
- Be connected to UEFA through learning initiatives that will empower you to drive both your thinking and career forward;
- Be part of a supportive community of peers and professionals who recognise your hard work and achievements throughout your learning journey and career.
Our programmes are specifically designed and delivered along with academic institutions, leading experts and internal UEFA specialists to ensure a range of high-quality programmes for participants at different stages of their career in the football industry. We offer programmes in five main pillars of learning:
Management programmes – These courses cater for people at different stages of their careers and afford excellent understandings of how the football landscape operates. Our three management programmes are the UEFA Certificate in Football Management (UEFA CFM), the UEFA Diploma in Football Leadership and Management (UEFA DFLM) and the Executive Master in Sport Governance (MESGO).
Programmes for specialists – These programmes are suitable for specialists in certain fields: Law, Medical, Football and Social Responsibility (FSR) as well as Events. These initiatives give professionals the chance to enhance their careers within their respective domains.
Programmes for players – These programmes grant players a route into a second career in football and provide them with recommendations and advice in specific fields such as financial management. The recently launched UEFA for Players will lend assistance to players during their careers in a whole range of different categories, from dealing with the media to avoiding the pitfalls of match-fixing.
Knowledge sharing and research – These initiatives notably allow an opportunity for researchers and scientists to apply for grants through the UEFA Research programme and enable football organisations to access best practices on a vast number of domains through the UEFA PLAY platform.
On-demand education – We listen to the needs of stakeholders in football and, upon request, are able to develop tailor-made programmes for sports institutions. We have developed a practical-oriented programme for the general secretaries of the Confédération Africaine de Football (CAF) as part of the UEFA ASSIST scheme.