Spectator Communication Specialist
|Sector||Federations & LOCs|
|Function||Business Development & Sales, Events & Operations|
Division / Unit: Operations / Host Country Projects
Contract type: Fixed Term
Start date: 01.05.2019
End date: 31.07.2020
To mark the 60th anniversary of its flagship national-team competition, UEFA will be hosting EURO 2020 in 12 different European countries. The spectator will be at the heart of the events and, with over 3 million tickets to be sold and many million more fans visiting the official fan zones, their combined experiences will determine the overall success of EURO 2020.
Reporting to the Spectator Experience Manager, the Spectator Communications Specialist will support the development and implementation of the EURO 2020 spectator communications strategy. UEFA will take a cutting-edge approach to spectator communications at EURO 2020 and the responsibility for optimising content delivery in both internal and external communications channels will be with the Spectator Communications Specialist.
This is an operational role and we are looking for a communications expert with a proven track record of delivering a multi-channel communications programme at international events. The incumbent will be responsible for managing a specialised communications team, as well as building relationships with key external stakeholders in multiple countries, to deliver a seamless tournament communications programme.
- Assist with the development and implementation of the EURO 2020 spectator communications strategy, maximising the reach and impact of all tournament communications channels.
- Drive spectator content development, working with internal and external stakeholders to ensure accurate and consistent messaging at EURO 2020.
- Optimise communications on UEFA and external channels, ensuring the correct processes and workflows are in place to manage all stakeholders.
- Work with the UEFA ICT team to deliver industry-leading content for spectators on the official tournament app.
- Manage a team of communication specialists in 12 host countries, delivering both central and localised tournament communications.
- Manage training and table-top exercises for the spectator communications team, ensuring tournament readiness.
- Drive dynamic spectator communications during the tournament, working with key operational stakeholders.
- Assist the Spectator Experience Manager with additional projects as required.
- from 4 to 6 years' experience in event communications, preferably with an operational focus
- from 4 to 6 years' multi-channel communications experience
- from 1 to 3 years' project management experience
- A degree in communications or event management would be an asset.
- English / Proficient
- MS Project / Advanced
- Ability to multitask and work in an international environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Attention to detail combined with the ability to see the bigger picture
- Ability to plan activities and maintain efficient filing systems, combined with meeting quality standards and deadlines
- Strong organisational and project management skills
- Willingness and ability to travel (up to 25% of total working time)
The Union of European Football Associations is the administrative body for association football in Europe.