An exciting opportunity has arisen at the Rugby Football League, the national governing body for Rugby League in the UK. As well increased the number of people that play, watch and engage with Rugby League we oversee the England Rugby League teams (men, women & wheelchair) that will be playing in the Rugby League World Cups in England 2021, the Coral Challenge Cup Rugby League’s national knock out competition with its final at Wembley Stadium live on the BBC as well as the Betfred Championship and League One. We are seeking to appoint a Digital Manager based at our offices in MediaCityUK.
Principal duties will include:
- Help to devise and implement the RFL digital strategy.
- Plan and manage the RFL owned digital platforms including rugby-league.com & Our League and be responsible for their completeness and accuracy.
- Grow traffic and engagement for RFL owned web channels and social media channels.
- With the Membership Manager grow the number of Members registered on the Our League membership scheme and increase their engagement on the Our League digital platforms (web & app).
- Grow loyalty to the website and increase average length of visits.
- Manage the weekly content plan for RFL’s digital platforms and develop new formats that encourage return visits.
- Manage, monitor and evaluate content delivered through the website, Our League app, YouTube & social media and validate its brand and editorial integrity.
- Provide insight & recommendations based on user experience feedback across all digital touch points.
- To formulate and drive new ideas to generate business and support marketing activities.
- Work with colleagues to ensure that day to day operations, activities and events successfully translate to quality content.
In order to be successful, you will need to have:
- A knowledge of the world of digital and media.
- A knowledge of content production including live sport or entertainment.
- Able to demonstrate a passion for the sports industry.
- Passion for technology and the internet and a demonstrated ability to understand the online space and the content opportunities within it.
- Project management for delivering digital platforms.
- Knowledge of current trends in user experience and expectations.
- Proven track record of delivering digital solutions across business functions.
- Experience of working with and developing Content Management Systems.
- Professional level Photoshop.
- Professional level Premiere Pro.
- An established network of contacts within the web, marketing and the sporting world.
In return for your efforts we offer a competitive salary and benefits which include health insurance, health cash plan, cycle to work scheme, workplace pension and a chance to be part
of an exciting business.
Appointment may be made subject to a DBS check.
To find out more about us or to apply online please visit our website
Closing date for receipt of applications: Monday 8 April
The Rugby Football League has confirmed that it will be relocating to the Etihad Campus in East Manchester. This will be a phased relocation which will take place by Autumn/Winter 2021.
If you are an applicant with disability who meets the essential requirements of the job, we will interview you. We would be pleased to receive applications in alternative formats.
The Rugby Football League welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of Age, Sex, Race, Disability, Pregnancy, Marital/ Civil Partnership status, Sexual orientation, Gender reassignment or Religious background. The RFL is committed to equality through diversity.