Events Marketing Officer
Do you want to help deliver a bold new vision for UK motorsport? An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Marketing Officer to join the national governing body, Motorsport UK.
Motorsport UK represents over 45,000 competitors and volunteers and over 720 clubs at the heart of motorsport. Now, under the leadership of the Chairman David Richards CBE, we are investing in an exciting period of change to drive growth and create a sustainable future for motorsport in the UK.
Your primary remit is to support in planning, organizing and execution of marketing activation, predominantly in support of Wales Rally GB, the UK round of the World Rally Championship.
Reporting to the Events Marketing and Communications Manager your typical responsibilities as Events Marketing Officer include:
- Supporting the planning, organizing and delivery of events
- Assisting the design, production and distribution of marketing and advertising materials
- Writing and proofing copy for a range of marketing platforms and materials including websites, social media, emails, newsletters and brochures
- Maintaining and updating event website
- Managing spectator communications including email and social media enquiries
- Maintaining and monitoring the online ticketing system and reporting weekly sales
- Assisting the planning and delivery of Motorsport UK hospitality events
- Supporting the Marketing and Communications Manager
- Working onsite at events
- Assisting the team as required to develop events
- You will be a self-starter, capable of working independently but also as part of a small team. A high level of personal organisation is required.
- You will be expected to be conversant with a range of project tools such as Microsoft suite, Adobe products, Google Drive, Dropbox etc.
- We operate in a fast-moving world and you will be expected to keep abreast of the environment, thinking on your feet, and applying yourself accordingly.
- You will experience great job-satisfaction from delivering high quality work that results in a successful event and partner brand presence.
- While a qualification in marketing, event management or other relevant degree is useful, greater credibility will be applied to a demonstrable 3+ year track record of success in a similar role.
- It is highly likely that the successful candidate will have some experience of working within an agency or client side with a commercial rightsholder, particularly in events.
- You must have a full driving licence.
- Working hours are typically 37.5 hours a week, however the nature of the role means that a degree of flexibility is important. At busy times, the workload inevitably increases, particularly as events and deadlines approach.
- Weekend working at events will be necessary on occasions, but time off in lieu will be granted to cover this.
- While the majority of the role is office based, you will be required to attend external client meetings.
Knowledge and Skills:
Apart from marketing skills, you will need to show:
- An understanding and appreciation of motorsport
- A commitment to getting out and about at a number of UK motorsport events (these happen at weekends!)
- Passion and enthusiasm for delivering high quality work
- A flexible approach when working as an important part of a team
- Excellent communication skills to liaise with partners and suppliers
- Strong copy-writing skills and a key eye for design
- Good presentation skills and the confidence to explain and sell ideas to clients and colleagues
- Time management skills and the ability to cope with several projects at a time
- Accuracy and meticulous attention to detail when finalising work
- Being open to feedback and willing to make changes to your work
- Effective networking skills to build contacts
- A confident and effective communicator of your ideas
- A thirst for knowledge and commitment to continuous improvement
- A flexible, responsive and can-do attitude
- An ability to have fun and enjoy your job in the fast-moving environment of motorsport