About the role
The Financial Accountant is a proven finance professional who will thrive in a high paced and collaborative environment and is passionate about maintaining robust financial and risk management processes and reporting across a project based organisation.
This is a unique opportunity for a motivated and aspirational accountant to ensure the successful delivery of both the women’s and men’s events, spanning 13 venues across Australia in the same year!
- You are a qualified CA (or equivalent) who has had 5+ years’ experience in a finance role involving ownership day to day financial operations, including internal control systems
- You have a high level of competence using Accounting systems, and proven experience preparing year-end financial statements and tax returns
- You have proven experience dealing with company auditors and maintaining accurate records to satisfy all requirements
- You are an analytical thinker with strong attention to detail and problem solving skills
- You have strong relationship building skills, can partner with senior executives to provide sound financial advice
To be successful in this role, you must have a high level of initiative, be adaptable in your approach and enjoy working in a high energy, innovative, collaborative and fast paced setting with a proven ability to deliver on immovable deadlines under pressure ideally gained within the major events or sporting landscape. Come and join us in delivering a Spectacular Celebration in 2020!
The ICC T20 World Cup is cricket’s ultimate prize in the fastest growing and most accessible format of the game. T20 is the vehicle to attract new, more diverse and younger audiences to the game.
In 2020, Australia has a unique opportunity to host this major global event – two World Cups in the same year! The eyes of the world will be on Australia as the 10 best women’s teams and 16 best men’s teams, compete to be crowned world champions. This will be the first time that the ICC T20 World Cup has been held in Australia and follows the highly successful ICC Cricket World Cup 2015, staged across Australia and New Zealand, which delivered record-breaking attendances, visitation and global television audiences.
Keen to join our team?
To apply, please attach your cover letter and two page CV detailing your suitability and expectations.
Please note: all applications will close at midnight AEST on Sunday 24 March 2019
The T20WC offer a competitive salary package, employee benefits, flexible working conditions and a fun working environment.
We embrace differences in gender, age, ethnicity, race, cultural background, disability, religion and sexual orientation. We value diversity. We encourage all people to apply for this role.
Applicants must be able to obtain legal working rights in Australia.