UEFA EURO 2020 - Venue Spectator Services Manager
|Sector||Federations & LOCs|
|Function||Events & Operations|
|Contract Type||Fixed Term|
Fixed term contract - 2nd September 2019 until 22nd July 2020
Deadline for applications - midnight Sunday 24th March 2019
Contested every four years, the UEFA European Championship has been showcasing the continent’s top talent since its inception in 1960. UEFA EURO 2020 will celebrate 60 years of the tournament and will be played as a ‘Euro for Europe’ in summer 2020 across 12 host countries and cities for the first time.
London and Wembley Stadium will host 7 matches in total between June and July 2020 – three group stage matches, one last-16 match, both semi-finals and the showpiece Final.
UEFA EURO 2020 is being managed in each participating country by the respective national federation on behalf of UEFA. As the Host Association and national federation for England, The FA is responsible for the overall delivery and coordination of the Local Organising Structure (LOS), working in partnership with the Greater London Authority (GLA) and Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS).
Here at The FA we are responsible for overseeing, promoting and developing English football at all levels, from grassroots through to the professional game. The shared values, vision and pride of our people is central to our success. We are growing a team of highly skilled, passionate and hardworking individuals who are committed to the future of English football. We understand that diversity promotes innovation, and therefore we look for people who are great at what they do, no matter their background.
The mission of Spectator Experience & Relations (SPEC) is to create an unforgettable tournament experience for all UEFA EURO 2020 spectators and to ensure a seamless spectator journey, by connecting the touchpoint owners and driving enhanced spectator service levels.
The LOS Venue Spectator Services Manager will develop and implement the venue based spectator services programme, supported on match days by a team of spectator services volunteers. It will be the responsibility of the spectator services team to manage the spectator client group, providing multiple services that include directional and informational services, language services, a vulnerable persons function, left luggage services and mobility support.
Key responsibilities include:
- Finalise the venue spectator services operational plan, outlining the services and engagement to be delivered to the spectator whilst at the venue
- Represent the spectator client group at Venue Management (VMGT) meetings and operational working groups, delivering the agreed levels of service for all UEFA EURO 2020 spectators
- Manage the resolution of any spectator focused issues at the venue, escalating major issues to the central SPEC project team
- Act as a central point of contact for VMGT on all spectator services operations and issues, relaying communications to the spectator services team as required
- Based on access and flow plans developed by Access Management (ACCS), developing and implementing an operational plan to support spectator movements. This includes the review of spectator signage, delivery of volunteer dot plans and the scoping of volunteer support tools such as lollipops and high chairs
- Manage the training and deployment of the spectator services volunteer team, including role creation and allocation, dot planning and team welfare
- Prepare the documentation and spectator services best practices used for the training of staff, stewards and volunteers
- Scope and deliver a spectator information service, including the capture of venue and host city information and the creation of volunteer handbooks
- Scope and deliver an operational plan to support spectator language needs, using volunteers and language guides
- Develop and deliver an operational plan to support vulnerable persons
- Support the spectator mobility function where possible
- Act as the main point of contact for the host city spectator services programme, ensuring a coordinated approach towards the management of the spectator client group
- Regular reporting in accordance with UEFA EURO 2020 requirements
The successful candidate will have the following skills/experience:
- Extensive experience working in an event management role in major international sports events
- Proven experience of design and delivery of spectator services operational plans
- Strong project management skills and experience
- Ability to multitask and work in an international environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Attention to detail combined with the ability to see the bigger picture
- Ability to plan activities, maintain efficient filing systems, and meet quality standards and deadlines
The Football Association (FA)
The Football Association was founded in 1863 as the governing body of the game in England. The FA is responsible for all regulatory aspects of the game of football in England.