Performs accounting functions through the duties and responsibilities below.
Department: Finance & Accounting
Reports To: Operations Controller
1. Administers weekly/monthly payment runs for domestic and foreign vendors for operating payments, as well as capital payments when necessary; prepares the payments in bank portal and assists corporate treasury team with reviewing/releasing.
2. Responsible for safeguarding and custody of company and financial chops.
3. Develops a high level of expertise in the company’s accounting software, JD Edwards (JDE) and Hubble reporting software.
4. Enters GL entries and AP invoices and payments in JDE system; reviews and posts.
5. Maintains accounting data and financial statements in accordance with departmental policy and procedures as well as US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP) and assists in preparing reporting package under Parent Company.
6. Assists in annual budgeting process, as well as preparation of monthly fluctuation analysis between budgeted and actual results.
7. General understanding of foreign currencies and international taxes with the ability to become an expert in these areas with time and training.
8. Works with third party consulting firm to assist in timely preparation of various statutory reporting filings, including but not limited to VAT and surtax filings, monthly IIT filings, VAT verification, income tax filings, stamp duty filings, withholding tax filings, filing of inbound foreign funds with SAFE, and filing of annual report with the AIC via the National Enterprise Credit Information Publicity System.
9. Facilitates the auditing process by providing details and information as requested by the auditors.
10. Seeks continual growth and expertise in the accounting and finance function and embrace cross-training opportunities provided within the Accounting and Finance Department.
11. Works with UFC events team and the athletic commission, venue settlement, budgeting event costs and revenues, logistically ensuring all finance matters covered for events held in China.
12. Other duties as assigned.
Skills & Experience:
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field or equivalent work experience. CPA or international equivalent is preferred.
2. Proven experience working in finance.
3. Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
4. Knowledge of standard accounting practices and experience with accounting systems.
5. Ability to communicate effectively in both written and verbal form.
6. Bi-lingual in English/Chinese.
7. Ability to work evenings, weekends, and periodic long days.
8. Ability to travel periodically for work.
9. High degree of proficiency with data entry functions.
10. Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail.
11. Ability to maintain discretion and confidential information.
12. Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Outlook and ability to learn other basic computer programs.