Senior Ticketing Manager - Fixed Term
The 1,000 passionate people we have around the world all bring different expertise, experience and perspectives to the table. Differences which we celebrate. However, one thing we all share is a common set of values that we live and breathe everyday. We are brave, curious, open and collaborative. We all get out of bed in the morning to create impact by challenging convention. This happens because we are empowered to never settle for ‘same old, same old’ but instead to be bold. Pushing one another with fresh perspectives and new ideas to produce work that others don’t and won’t. What we do is fast-paced, exciting and rewarding which is why we love it and why you’ll love life at CSM.
CSM exists to create impact by challenging convention. We do this because it produces work for our clients that is more meaningful, memorable and measurable.
Our diversity of experience, expertise and opinions is our greatest asset, which is why we celebrate our differences. We are looking for individuals who want to put their hand up and challenge convention to create something exciting, bigger and better each and every time.
iLUKA, part of the CSM Sport & Entertainment group, is a specialised agency, developing and delivering coordinated strategic activations for sponsors and other stakeholders at global events. We are looking for a Senior Ticketing Manager on a Fixed Term contract ending late September 2020. The role of the Senior Ticketing Manager is to provide iLUKA clients with professional ticket related asset management and premium customer service through every stage of an event process, including requests, allocations, returns, transfers, collection, fulfilment, distribution and final reconciliation of inventory.
- Assist Head of Ticketing in the setup of effective ticket management solutions appropriate to clients’ needs, ticket volumes and related sponsor hospitality assets
- Be pro-active in identifying areas of improvement in systems and processes
- Manage ticket requests, allocations and distribution using iLUKA and client databases
- Ensure that each and every ticket is accounted for and all allocations, ticket usage and non-usage are recorded accurately in the database
- Observe all ticketing procedures, regulations and terms and conditions communicated by Organising Committees/Event Organisers and local laws relating to tickets
- Establish and maintain effective communication and a friendly, professional working rapport with Clients, their internal stakeholders, iLUKA Program teams, Organising Committee/Event Organiser ticketing officials, key suppliers and other iLUKA teams.
- Provide clear communications of ticket request procedures, policies, confirmation of allocations and distribution process to Clients, internal stakeholders and iLUKA Program Teams.
- Reply promptly to all inquiries and participate in all meetings, videoconferences and calls as required
- Establish contact with Ticketing Managers of other sponsors, event stakeholders and authorised agents in order to facilitate the re-selling, exchange and purchase of tickets, where permitted by Organising Committees/Event Organisers
- Maintain Head of Ticketing informed of the progress of the ticket operation and any issues that may arise that could affect its successful delivery and high standard of service
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of event schedules and related details such as seating configurations for all venues – become the expert in all ticketing related matters for each event
- Set up ticket offices and distribution points so that they are 100% efficient and effective
- Implement approved systems and processes to ensure the total security of all tickets during collection, storage, transportation and distribution
- Manage collection of tickets from the organising committee/event organiser and check that all tickets are provided in the ordered quantities and in good condition
- Develop and implement effective ticket distribution plans
- Train and motivate the Ticketing Team so that they are focused, prepared and inspired to achieve their mission and maintain a positive outlook and approach to all situations
- Ensure Ticketing Team members are fully briefed, observe all ticketing systems and security procedures and are well presented at all times
- Develop and implement training of ticket procedures for other relevant iLUKA team members including event hosts
- Prepare and distribute seating plans of allocations and event information for each session/match and to the Clients’ Event Team and relevant iLUKA team managers
- Ensure friendly, professional and efficient customer service to Clients and their guests at all times
- Prepare and distribute reports to all relevant iLUKA and Client Team managers at every stage of the process as required
- Provide solutions for all ticketing issues that may arise on a daily basis during event time, either directly with client and guests or indirectly with the Ticket Team or other departments
- Establish contingency plans for lost/stolen/unused/uncollected tickets, venue or schedule changes, transportation delays, postponements and cancellations
- Manage the exchange and sale of excess tickets, as required by the Clients where permitted by event organisers, and provide a reconciliation for all transactions
- Produce final reconciliations of tickets and reports of the ticket operations for each project, including recommendations for future improvement
- Contribute to other aspects of the program operation, as may be determined by the Head of Ticketing and Program Managers.
Skills, Knowledge, Expertise
- Experienced hospitality Ticketing Manager with proven excellent track record in global sporting events, managing high volumes of tickets and related assets (e.g. Olympic Games, World Cup, Rugby World Cup, UEFA Euro and Champions League)
- Experience working with multinational companies and event sponsors
- Advanced excel skills and high proficiency in other Microsoft office programs including PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of project planning software and databases, including development of specifications for development and testing
- Knowledge of event ticketing systems
- Analytical, methodical, accurate and an eye for detail
- Experience providing premium customer service and observing best practices for Quality Control and Quality Assurance
- Strong leadership skills with ability to train and motivate a team to deliver outstanding service at all times
- A demonstrated knowledge of supervisory practices and principle
- Experience with financial procedures (budgets, invoicing, payment processing and tracking)
- Effective communication skills verbal and written
- Excellent English. Bi or multi-lingual an advantage.
- High energy, comfortable working potentially long hours in a demanding but rewarding and friendly environment
- Ability to prioritise a demanding workload and meet all deadlines
- Be available to travel and work onsite prior to and during events as required. Extended periods away from home will be necessary according to the location and onsite operation period for each project.
- Ability to work in a calm, professional manner especially during times of stress
- Flexible, enthusiastic, confident, outgoing, well organised
- Professional well-groomed appearance
- A team player who is willing to roll up their sleeves and get involved