Logistics Senior Manager
- FIFA and the Qatar LOC have recently created a new Joint Venture which is responsible for the operational delivery of the FIFA World Cup 2022.
- Reporting directly to the Qatar Event Operations Director, the Logistics Senior Manager is a pivotal role within the sub division which is tasked with the implementation, integration and delivery of Logistics services for the FIFA World Cup 2022. The Logistics Senior Manager is the key lead for Logistics planning and operations.
- Responsible for the successful implementation of the projects assigned by the Qatar Event Operations Director, at a timely and at – or above - benchmark level according to the set strategy and objectives. Ensure all necessary resources to guarantee an efficient and high quality delivery of services by the Logistics project to all relevant target groups.
- Act as ‘centre of competence’ on any relevant strategical developments (actual or future) in the (sport) event industry for your areas towards the Qatar Event Operations Director and the other Divisions and act as a true role-model in representing the Logistics project internally and towards external partners.
- Responsible for planning and delivery of the Logistics services, which includes the development of the logistics, strategy, concept of operations, and delivery of required operations.
- Manage Logistics operating budget
- Establish an appropriate operational structure and effective processes and polices for the project and its tasks.
- Responsible for overseeing Materials Management, Customs & Freight Forwarding, Warehousing, Traffic & Distribution, Venue Logistics Operations
- Procure logistics solution and manage vendor relationships to develop business plans, asset tracking procedures, and deployment
- Plan for FF&E requirements, ensuring requirements are shared and integrated with Host Country FF&E requirements, where applicable
- Responsible for the design and management of Logistics operational space requirements
- Determines, coordinates and manages the planning and validation of Logistics tasks and deliverables.
- Integrates the planning processes across projects, for example, venue management, overlay, technology, site management, and contingency planning with the work of venue teams in their functional planning.
- Liaise with procurement and requesting projects to ensure materials are scoped, tracked and delivered
- Coordinate training and tournament readiness simulation requirements, as they apply to Logistics operations.
- Develop cooperative and positive relationships with a wide range of internal stakeholders and external agencies to ensure a high standard of Logistics services are delivered.
- Implement sufficient readiness program to ensure the highest quality delivery of Logistics services.
- Problem solving on major cross-functional issues impacting stakeholders and constituent groups requiring central resolution.
- Monitor issues relating to Logistics services or client groups.
- Capture global, Tournament wide Logistics issues that emerge.
- Coordinate and provide an efficient, good quality, safe and industry proven event logistics solution.
- Develop staffing plans, interview, hire and supervise employees
Qualifications and Experience
- A minimum experience of 8 years within Event Logistics management, 3-4 years in a leadership role
- University degree in appropriate subject (or adequate training/vocational education)
- Experience in international sports / event management
- Knowledge of event logistics planning and event project management processes
- Experience or knowledge of local culture will be an added benefit
- Strong IT skill including MS Office (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint)
- Fluency in English required; other languages are an added benefit
- Team Player, willing to work to tight timelines
- Positive attitude, patience and persistence.
- Proven track record working in a fast-paced, multi-level, project based environment with emphasis on timelines and delivery.
FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 Skills Framework
COOPERATION: Capacity to work in a team and to contribute to the accomplishment of shared objectives. Ability to share information and knowledge with colleagues at all levels (equals, superiors and subordinates), within unit and towards other units / divisions.
INCLUSIVITY: Ability to identify, construct and maintain a network of support contacts to achieve the objectives of the organisation.
ACCOUNTABILITY: Inclination to dedicate oneself to one’s responsibilities, to care about the quality and to assume the consequences of one’s own actions and/or decisions.
INNOVATION: Capacity to break new ground, look for different solutions, come up with fresh ideas. To think and act unconventionally.
TRANSPARENCY: Ability to objectively analyse one’s behaviour and action, to identify shortcomings, question oneself and learn from one’s mistakes.
LEADERSHIP: Ability to lead one’s contacts/colleagues/partners to produce the expected results (by persuasion or compulsion if necessary), to encourage teamwork by favouring co-operation.
DECISION MAKING: Ability to recognise situations requiring a (rapid) decision and to take that decision, to take initiatives and calculated risks, explore different solutions, act promptly to the unexpected.
VISION: Ability to see the global impact of the development of the environment on the organisation, to anticipate the consequences of one’s decisions, to acquire a view of the organisation’s missions and to elaborate a strategy.
NEGOTIATION: Capacity to achieve constructive and positive results for the organisation by tangibly influencing others while taking account of their needs and expectations.