Senior Accountant Scandinavia
|Sector||Agencies & Sponsors|
|Function||Legal, IT, HR, Finance & Procurement, Admin|
Triathlon Series, the IRONMAN® 70.3® Triathlon Series, 5150™ Triathlon Series, the Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series®, Iron Girl®, IRONKIDS®, International Triathlon Union World Triathlon Series races, road cycling events including the UCI Velothon® Series, mountain bike races including the Absa Cape Epic®, premier marathons including the Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon, and other multisport races. IRONMAN’s events, together with all other Wanda Sports Holdings events, provide more than a million participants annually the benefits of endurance sports through the company’s vast offerings. The iconic IRONMAN® Series of events is the largest participation sports platform in the world. Since the inception of the IRONMAN® brand in 1978, athletes have proven that ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE® by crossing finish lines at the world’s most challenging endurance races. Beginning as a single race, IRONMAN has grown to become a global sensation with more than 200 events across 50 countries.
For our IRONMAN Denmark and IRONMAN Sweden entity we are actively looking for a highly motivated, fluent English speaking, based in Copenhagen, Denmark,
- Day-to-day accounting for our Danish and Swedish entities, including but not limited to:
- Submittal of Accounts Receivable invoices. Follow up and management of receivables and collections.
- Collection, coding, getting approvals and scanning into database for all Accounts Payable invoices. Contact and follow up with vendors as needed.
- Oversee the entity’s Payroll processing.
- Preparation of monthly financial statements under IFRS; including correcting journal entries, accruals and account analysis.
- Work with the EMEA CFO and Headquarters’ Finance and Accounting team in the US on all accounting issues relating to Denmark and Sweden.
- Understand event processes and work together with the individual race directors on analyzing planning procedures, processes and profitability around the individual events.
- Assist and submitting of all statutory and tax returns – including VAT.
- Liaison with external auditors and tax authorities.
- Preparation of annual accounts according to locally applicable GAAP for Denmark and Sweden.
Skills and Competencies
- Degree in Accounting and/or Finance.
- Fluency in written and spoken both Danish and English. Knowledge of the Swedish language is preferred.
- Minimum of 4-5 years relevant experience in accounting/ auditing/ financial management.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and be extremely diligent about working with international colleagues at all levels and ensuring that deadlines are always met.
- Ability to manage diversity in job responsibilities with precision and accuracy in work.
- Must be hands on, able to multi-task and show proper level of time management
- Excellent skills in MS Office and Finance applications.
- Experience in Navision accounting software is an advantage.
A contract will be made based on a full-time employment. We are looking forward to receiving your application including your salary expectations and your notice period. Are you interested? Please apply via the link.
IRONMAN Limited are the organisers of IRONMAN events in the UK and Ireland.