Senior Arrival and Departure Manager
|Sector||Federations & LOCs|
|Function||Events & Operations, Transport & Logistics|
On the ball?
To support our Tournaments and Events Division, FIFA is looking to recruit an experienced analytical
Senior Arrival and Departure Manager
- Designing and implementing a suitable Arrival and Departure model across all FIFA Tournaments and Events and developing a transport demand model by client group
- Developing, implementing and managing Arrival and Departure Transport Plans, designing individual and group passenger flows, organising site inspections and managing Airport managers, often remotely
- Developing the FIFA Arrival and Departure system by defining needs and system requirements and verifying reliability of IT systems
- Budgeting: aligning FIFA/Local Organizing Committee (LOC) budget with Event Owner, working closely with Finance Controllers
- Integrating Arrival and Departure Plan with all other services and operations and ensuring alignment as well as ensuring policies and procedures are communicated and integrated within the Tournament
- Ensuring staff are fully briefed on operations (transport and guest related), that clients are informed about service levels, and that transport providers are sufficiently trained
- Integrating into Command Control and Communication (3C) during the Event, producing reports, maintaining an issue log and proactively participating in coordination meetings
- Developing tasks and actions to improve transport operations for future events
- Preparing content (slides, handouts, etc) and reports for the event-related management meetings and working meetings
- Complying with requests from Divisional and Cross-Divisional management
- Formal university degree in engineering, planning or transport management
- Minimum of five+ years of proven experience in airport operations planning and exercise with knowledge of immigration, ground handling, airspace, slot management, passenger customs processes, VIP guest management, signage and land side ground transport management
- At least three+ years’ experience in large sport event Arrival and Departure management
- Experience of working for a tour operator/group management experience, or liaising with airports from a third party position. International experience would be advantageous
- Experience in passenger flow management, including demand analysis, requirement set up, database design and management
- Fluency in English (oral and written). Proficiency in German, French and Spanish preferred
- Strong IT skills: advanced MS Excel skills, Database analysis / management and MS Office (PowerPoint, Word, Visio, Project)
- Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team, often being the first on the ground operationally at an international location
- Strong analytical skills and ability to work and communicate in a corporate and project focused organisation
- Flexibility as working hours include evenings and weekends
- Willing to travel worldwide
You can expect a highly motivated and helpful team working in a dynamic multicultural environment. If you have the necessary qualifications and are keen to work for an international organisation, please submit your application in English (motivation letter, CV, diplomas and reference letters).
Fédération Internationale de Football Association, FIFA-Strasse 20, 8044 Zurich
Only direct applications via our applicant tracking system will be considered (no agencies or applications via email/post please).
The Fédération Internationale de Football Association is the international governing body of association football, futsal and beach soccer.