Football & Discrimination Development Lead - Americas
The Fare network is looking to recruit a Development Lead for CONCACAF and CONMEBOL regions to join our team. If you are passionate about football, fighting discrimination, and social development through sport, and know a lot about both things in the context of the Americas we are interested in you.
The Development Lead for CONMEBOL and CONCACAF will be responsible for coordination of the Fare observer system at FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 preliminary competition in CONCACAF and CONMEBOL confederations.
As part of the role, you will be responsible for identifying issues of discrimination in football cultures at CONCACAF and CONMEBOL, recruitment and training of local experts, and leading Fare development projects in the region.
He/she will plan, implement and deliver activities in the framework of the Fare observer system to develop partnerships, training programmes, identify issues of discrimination, provide research and analytical support to the operation of the system in North America and Latin America.
The post holder will be expected to have a good knowledge of anti-discrimination issues in football and wider societies in the region, understand social change initiatives, have strong project management skills, and be able to act as an advocate for the Fare network.
Fluency in Spanish and English is essential, knowledge of Portuguese would be an asset.
- To be part of a team responsible for the implementation and delivery of Fare activities, work with partners at a grassroots level, international NGOs, and the professional football sector
- To coordinate research, match analysis, recruitment of observers and reporting discrimination at the FIFA World Cup 2022 Qatar preliminary competition in CONCACAF and CONMEBOL confederations
- To produce expert materials on issues of discrimination in football, and social inclusion processes in the CONCACAF and CONMEBOL confederations
- Undertake research into issues of discrimination in football in North America, the Caribbean and Latin America
- Manage the recruitment and training of a pool of volunteers
- Undertake risk analysis of the FIFA World Cup 2022 Qatar preliminary competition matches
- Provide operational, logistical and expert support to Fare match observers in the lead up to and during high-risk matches
- Contribute to the development of new strategic and policy development initiatives in the fields of anti-discrimination, social inclusion and social change in and through football
- Conduct consultations and attend meetings with expert partners at confederation level to run development projects
- Develop a monitoring and evaluation strategy and to ensure that appropriate data is captured and collated appropriately, and to contribute to review and evaluation reports, and publications, as required
- Responsible for putting together development and training programmes
- Undertake all organisational, administration and planning of duties associated with the project as required
- Contribute to briefings, reports, publications and other materials, by managing information and operational processes, alongside other team members
- Lead on the development and management of Fare events during the Football People weeks, conferences and other activities
- Other appropriate activities as required
- The location of the position is flexible
- The work of the Development Lead will require international travel and some evening and weekend working hours
- The post-holder will be offered an initial two year contract
Apply: Send us your CV and a cover letter telling us why you are the person for the job. Deadline for applications is 28th February 2019.