Corporate Partnerships and Licensing - Senior Manager
Job Purpose: The Corporate Partnerships and Licensing Senior Manager (CPLSM) will be based in the Euroleague Basketball office in Barcelona and will have the responsibility to coordinate aspects of the sponsorship sales and service process.
RESPONSIBLE TO: Corporate Partnerships and Licensing Director
The post holder will contribute to the achievement of the performance targets, aims and objectives of the company through the following:
- Finding and contacting new leads to close new partnership agreements
- Evaluating current partnership assets and creating sales proposals
- Conducting media and digital media planning and evaluation
- To create sponsorship and licensing opportunities around the organization’s property and events.
- To create media and digital media planning for clients’ marketing campaigns.
- To create long-term digital media strategies and market localizations for clients.
- To conduct industry analysis and research around potential new brands and product categories.
- To identify and prioritize sponsorship and licensing opportunities including, but not limited to, all IP, signage and event inventory.
- To find and contact prospective companies and individuals to initiate the sales effort. Follow-up on leads generated.
- To schedule meetings and prepare, customize and present sponsorship sales proposals to potential sponsors.
- To create sponsorship sales goals and objectives. Meet and exceed projections, as well as comply with schedules and deadlines.
- To lead or assist in the negotiations of building sponsors.
- To assist in the preparation and design of sponsorship sales brochures, pamphlets, advertisements or other sales materials.
- To negotiate and compile sales contracts and agreements.
- To manage and update the sponsor database. Follow-up with clients regularly to assess any current or future needs. Prepare annual sponsorship fulfillment reports for all full-time arena sponsors, including post-sponsorship valuation reports for "single-event" sponsors.
- To conduct media value analysis of the current and new assets
- To oversee sponsorship evaluation reports, digital analytics and audience researches
- To conduct consumer segmentation and target audience definition
- To participate in and attend industry workshops or seminars.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from College or university in Marketing, Public Relations, Business Administration, Public Administration or related field preferred.
- 6-8 years outside sales experience with knowledge of media and digital media planning.
- Exposure to and familiarity with similar environment.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal skills, including strong proofreading in English and preferably in other languages as well.
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills.
- Ability to work within a team and independently, exercising judgment and initiative.
- Exhibit knowledge of principles, practices and terminology of media and digital media planning, sponsorship and advertising sales, marketing, sales presentation techniques, public speaking and business networking.
- Demonstrate high level of energy and self-motivation to work effectively and enthusiastically with co-workers, sponsors and vendors. Excellent knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint and other related standard office equipment.
- Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines. Work effectively under pressure and/or a stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, guests and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
Requires ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends and holidays, in addition to normal business hours. Requires the individual to hold an EU nationality and/or a valid residency / work permit for Spain.
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.