Business Development Manager
Having won medals at the London and Rio Olympics and with the FIH Pro League to look forward to in 2019, this is an amazing time to be part of the sport of Hockey. England Hockey is recruiting for a Business Development Manager to shape and implement England Hockey's sales and sponsorship strategies and generate commercial growth across the business.
Reporting to the Head of Sales and Marketing, the Business Development Manager will be responsible for:
- managing all sponsorship, hospitality and other corporate sales activities to ensure revenue targets are met and exceeded
- manage the sales pipeline, monitoring, reviewing and reporting effectively
- work with other England Hockey departments to maximise revenue opportunities across the business
- deliver agreed income targets
We are looking for individuals with proven sales experience, ideally in a rights-holder environment, a track record of achieving challenging sales targets and the ability to deliver to build and deliver engaging and compelling sponsorship presentations. If you have the relevant experience, are driven, resilient, motivated to achieve and have excellent communication skills, we would love to hear from you.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage all sponsorship, hospitality and other corporate sales activities to ensure revenue targets are met and exceeded.
- Work with the Head of Sales and Marketing and the Commercial Director to shape England Hockey’s sponsorship strategy, generate leads and secure new partners.
- Build relationships with sponsorship agencies to ensure there is awareness within the market-place of England Hockey’s opportunities and using events to engage future prospects.
- Build compelling sponsorship packages, creating high calibre sponsorship presentations and presenting to prospects.
- Manage the sales process including negotiating and closing deals.
- Develop England Hockey’s corporate hospitality proposition and manage the sales process to grow this area of the business. Work with corporate hospitality sales agencies where relevant to increase the awareness of the products. Deliver agreed income targets.
- Work with other departments to improve and streamline the sales process to England Hockey clubs and schools
- Using Salesforce, monitor, review and report effectively on the sales pipeline lead development, conversion, marketing and sales achievement against targets.
- Work collaboratively with all EH employees to identify relevant sales targets and gather insight to help the prospect of generating sales
- Actively develop and manage the sales process from lead generation through negotiations and close
- Manage the sales pipelines in an efficient, organised and ultimately successful manner, making full use of the CRM system
- Line-manage the Sales Officer, delegating, motivating and supporting appropriately to achieve sales outcomes.
The Business Development Manager must demonstrate the England Hockey Brand Personality through their behaviours:
Qualifications and Experience
- Can demonstrate a high level of intellectual capability and business acumen.
- A track record of achieving challenging sales targets based on sound method, robust processes and personal capability.
- Proven sales experience, ideally in a rights-holder environment, with a creative approach to business development.
- Evidence of developing sponsorship rights packages which meet the needs to differing sponsor categories.
- Evidence of building and delivering engaging and compelling sponsorship presentations.
- Evidence of negotiating and closing sponsorship, advertising and hospitality sales.
- Experience of using a CRM system or equivalent sales management tool and/or database to manage a sales process and pipeline.
- Understanding of how to present complicated sales information to senior colleagues.
- Evidence of identifying and taking advantage of new business opportunities.
- Experience of managing and motivating sales people.
Skills and Abilities
- Confident and articulate communicator and presenter, both face to face and over the telephone
- Excellent listening skills with an ability to build a rapport and understand the needs of the prospect
- Positive interpersonal skills both with clients and colleagues,
- Excellent organisational, time management and IT skills
- Resilient, tenacious and action orientated, focused on achieving successful outcomes
- A natural networker who thrives in a pressurised, sales-driven environment.
- Capable of hands on problem-solving, with the ability to generate ideas and solutions
- Positive, outgoing personality, persuasive, credible, persistent and resilient.
- Ability to forge strong relationships and a team player.
- A broad understanding of the business of sport, and hockey would be useful
Further details can be viewed on the careers section of our website: www.englandhockey.co.uk/careers
Please submit your CV (max 2 pages) and a one page covering letter to: email@example.com