Production & Logistics Manager
|Sector||Agencies & Sponsors|
|Function||Events & Operations, Event Planning & Competition Management, Accommodation, Catering, Waste & Cleaning, Transport & Logistics, Venue Management & Spectator Services|
Limelight Sports has an exciting opportunity for a Production & Logistics Manager to join its highly experienced London based Campaigns team on a fixed term contract to the end of October 2019. The role is responsible for the operational planning and delivery aspect of Limelight’s live events and would suit an individual who is has experience of building and managing event sites as well as prior experience of working in an agency.
WHO WE ARE
Limelight Sports is a sports marketing agency specialising in participation. We work with global brands such as Nike, Fitbit, MLB and J.P.Morgan to engage their audiences through active experiences and campaigns that people cannot stop talking about. We have created and delivered some of the most successful live experiences including Royal Parks Half Marathon, the FA People’s Cup, Sainsbury’s Sport Relief Mile, Sky Ride, J.P.Morgan Corporate Challenge London and Sydney, and Swimathon, the world’s biggest fundraising swimming challenge. With over 25 years’ experience, a passion for sport and helping more people become active and enjoy sport, Limelight Sports is the agency of the Active World.
Reporting to the Events Director you will establish campaign requirements in relation to the live event build and identify appropriate solutions, providing advice and technical input.
You will ensure that Production & Logistics (P&L) solutions are always delivered in an innovative and premium way whilst maintaining profitability of your areas of the campaign.You will continue to meet and exceed client expectations across all campaigns ensuring consistency and quality.
You will work closely with the Project Management teams and Client Services as well as those in the Campaigns team to manage the day to day running of your areas closely adhere to Limelight’s project management methodology - PATH.
As the Production & Logistics Manager your primary responsibilities are:
- Day to day management of the P&L elements of assigned live events to ensure you are meeting / exceeding client expectation and objectives as agreed with the Client Service team
- Contribute to key project documentation including, but not limited to, project delivery plans, critical path documents and post event evaluations
- Manage the compilation of detailed and fully comprehensive event run sheets such as production schedules as part of the live delivery of events
- Management of site plans and other operations documents and schedules
- Liaison with, and management of, suppliers for your areas of responsibility
- Liaise closely with the appointed independent health and safety consultants to ensure that all supplier documentation is correct, collated and in place and that events are delivered safely at all times
- Overseeing testing and readiness for live project scenarios with P&L areas
- Ensure companywide adherence to quality assurance standards to demonstrate market leading ability
- Management of contractors and stakeholders during build, live event and de-rig phases
- Contribute to ideas and innovations in relation to P&L requirements
- Management and mitigation of day-to-day project risks in your area
- Central point for any P&L project issues/guidance / knowledge share across the business, educating the team in relation to P&L
- Ensure profitability of the P&L function across campaigns
- Negotiation of preferable rates with key suppliers to improve profit margins and maximize budgets
- Day to day management of Executives working across your function
- Provide timely and accurate quality reports to the Events Director
As the Production & Logistics Manager you:
- Are passionate about participation in sport, for yourself and others
- Have prior experience of competently managing event sites
- Have a passion for events and always looking for new innovations
- Are able to work autonomously
- Are highly organised
- Have excellent communication skills
- Are solutions oriented and a natural problem solver
- Are calm under pressure and approachable at all times
- Are great at engaging teams and enthusing others to delivery to the highest possible standard
- Thrive in a fast paced, agency environment
- Form successful working relationships with people at all levels
Life at Limelight
Limelight is a fast-paced agency and we pride ourselves on having a ‘One Team’ approach to the way we work, supporting our colleagues to achieve the end goal. You will be surrounded by people who are passionate about the active world and our beliefs and passions are reflected in the additional benefits you will have access to:
- Monthly We All Move sessions – we like to celebrate the active world by trying out a new activity together, this can be anything from tag rugby, netball, softball or ultimate frisbee.
- Lunch time running – this is a regular activity for a lot of people in the office and culminates in a handicap 5K at the end each month.
- Flexible exercise time – we actively encourage the team to get active at a time that suits them during their working day. We believe that leaving your desk is healthy for the mind and the body.
- Thirsty Thursday drinks - we like to get catch up and socialise together over a few drinks at the end of each month.
- £100 sports contribution –employees can claim up to £100 a year towards sport or activity, whether that is entering an event or playing a team sport.
If you like the sound of this role and want to apply, please send your CV and a cover email outlining why they are suitable for this role.
At Limelight Sports Group we engage audiences through active experiences. We create campaigns with guaranteed results from insight, strategy and execution. Creating an active world. Together.