Chief Executive Officer
Established in 1914, the Hong Kong Football Association (HKFA) is the national sports association for football in Hong Kong. We are committed to enhance football development in Hong Kong, achieve the highest possible standards of football at all levels, and further heighten the governance of football. We organize football leagues, local and international competitions, provide coaching education / referee training courses, promote women’s football and futsal, deliver youth football development activities, all with the aim to promoting football development in Hong Kong. We seek to nurture quality performance of football players at different levels and enhance the competitiveness of Hong Kong Representative Teams.
Brand new state-of-the-art The Jockey Club HKFA Football Training Centre (FTC) is now commenced to operate. With 6 pitches, futsal pitch, five-a-side court and other supporting facilities, the FTC will be fundamental to the delivery of the HKFA’s Strategic Plan by providing additional pitches at all levels and particularly for the training and development of elite football players.
We are now looking for a world class Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to lead the implementation of the existing HKFA 5-Year Strategic Plan (2015-2020) as well as to review, develop and implement a new phase of strategic plan beyond in order to secure a sustainable development and success of the HKFA and FTC.
Reporting to the Chairman and accountable to the Board for the implementation and execution of the agreed strategy for the HKFA, the successful candidate should have a track record of running a substantial business or organization and have the necessary management and executive leadership skills to take on this role. This position is financially supported by the Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region. The main duties are listed below.
- To lead and establish the HKFA as a financially strong and effective entity; to oversee and direct the activities of the HKFA in such a manner that ensures the sustainability of the organisation as a strong and effective governing body.
- To develop, review, update and implement strategies aimed at continually promoting and improving football in Hong Kong at all levels from grassroots to the professional level including youth football, women's football and mini football/futsal.
- To provide the HKFA with the direction and leadership to deliver its commercial objectives as agreed with the Chairman and the Board, including not only consolidating and building on existing income streams but continuously seeking to widen the sources of funding and introduce new revenue streams.
- To manage and be accountable for the financial performance of the HKFA, monitoring and controlling costs in accordance with agreed objectives, as set by the Board.
- To lead, motivate, inspire and create a culture which allows staff to develop to their full potential and meet their objectives.
- To create a cohesive organisation based on a strong ethos of consistent delivery and continuous operational improvement.
- To ensure that the HKFA has a well-considered communications strategy and to oversee and direct its effective execution.
- To maintain and develop relationships with all aspects of the media in order to highlight the work of the HKFA initiating PR activities as appropriate.
- To lead and develop major projects at national and international level aimed at raising the profile of football in Hong Kong, maintaining and developing relationships with Government Ministers, Government Agencies and major sponsors as appropriate.
- To serve on international football bodies and committees (such as the AFC) as authorised by the Board in order to influence and shape policy for the development of football in the Asia region, and ultimately worldwide, and to ensure that the HKFA is well placed to influence such development.
- To develop business plans, widen the sources of funding and revenue streams, and be accountable for the operation and financial performance of the FTC.
Before you apply, please read the job specification which lists the key responsibilities and person specification of the position.
The successful candidate will be offered on a contract term employment. Starting salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Our employee benefits include Group Medical and Life Insurance to the right candidate.
Interested parties need to submit the completed application form enclosing a full CV with details of current & expected remuneration to HR Section of HKFA on or before 18 February 2019.
Please visit www.hkfa.com/en/load_page/82 for information of the job specification and application form.
The information provided by the applicants will be treated in strict confidence and will only be used for the purpose of considering your employment application.