Commercial Operations Specialist
|Sector||Federations & LOCs|
|Function||Business Development & Sales|
Division / Unit: Operations / Commercial Operations
Contract type: Permanent
Start date: 01.03.2019
The Commercial Operations Specialist runs operational projects delivering all marketing programme sponsorship rights to a high professional standard to UEFA's commercial affiliates for UEFA club finals, i.e. the UEFA Europa League final and the UEFA Super Cup.
He or she leads the delivery of all sponsor rights at event-related sites and assists sponsors with their on-site activities by preparing relevant information, visits and meetings.
The role includes planning, coordination and communication with other UEFA divisions, units and competence centres as well as external parties such as local organising committees and local authorities, acting as a dynamic interface between the organisational and marketing teams as well as the UEFA marketing agency.
- Managing commercial rights for both club finals, ensuring they meet the appropriate standards and are delivered on time and within budget;
- Maintaining the necessary cooperation with internal and external stakeholders and making a proactive contribution to the marketing aspects of all operational projects;
- Developing and implementing innovative and reliable procedures, tools, solutions and communication processes to maximise the value of the marketing rights;
- Organising and leading the sponsors pre-event workshops. Ensuring sponsors are well-informed throughout the preparation phase, providing information and presenting at workshops;
- Establishing project plans, including a timeline and status reports as well as all other necessary information and ensuring these are always up to date; producing post-event reports and transferring knowledge and best practices;
- Delivering all marketing rights on-site at venues during the finals.
- from 4 to 6 years experience in the sports industry, with an emphasis on sports marketing at international level
- from 1 to 3 years experience in project management within the sports industry, in particular in operations and/or commercial sectors
- Bachelor's in marketing, sport management, business management or any other relevant field is an asset
- English / Proficient
- French is an asset
- Budget Management / Advanced
- MS Office / Advanced
- Project Management / Proficient
- Hard-working and eager to deliver to the highest level
- Prepared to work on-site in the back office and administration
- Meticulous and precise
- Pragmatic, communicative
- Able to multitask and work in a team. Possibility to support colleagues in their tasks.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Able to work under pressure
- Able to work flexible working hours
- Able to take decisions and adhere to strict business rules and guidelines
- Available to travel
- Knowledgeable of and interested in sport in general and football in particular
The Union of European Football Associations is the administrative body for association football in Europe.