Senior Business Development Executive, Euro 2020
IMG Events are seeking a talented and driven Senior Business Development Executive for the sales of premium hospitality packages for the UEFA Euro 2020 programme within the UK & Irish markets.
London (Wembley Stadium), Glasgow (Hampden Park) and Dublin (Dublin Arena) are 3 of 12 host cities for UEFA Euro 2020, with Wembley Stadium playing host to both the semis and final of the tournament. This is one of the most exciting football events to be played inside the UK & Ireland in recent times and a rare opportunity .
Application deadline is Sunday 20th January 2019 at 11:59 pm.
Main Purpose of the Role
- Responsible for selling Euro 2020 hospitality into the UK market.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Responsible for achieving and exceeding all sales targets selling Euro 2020 hospitality into the UK and Irish markets
- Mentor to the Business Development Executive, Euro 2020
- Responsible for generating personal sales funnel from lead generation to closed sale
- Adhering to set KPI’s –call times, meetings, networking events
- Managing and reporting personal pipeline
- Instigating and conducting face-to-face prospect and client meetings
- Responsibility for creating, managing and maintaining marketing initiatives to generate the required number of sales leads to achieve monthly targets
- Responsibility for identifying key industry growth sectors to target
- Negotiating the closure and administration of the contract
- Representing IMG/WNSL at PR Events, exhibitions, conferences, etc
- Identifying opportunities for maximising revenue from existing IMG/Club Wembley accounts
- Reporting on all aspects of the sales process
- Managing and creating monthly and weekly personal forecasting reports
- Hosting clients at industry and internal events
- Liaising with key IMG/WNSL stakeholders
- Any other ad hoc duties within the scope of the role
Key result areas
- Achieving all Euro 2020 sales targets
- 2 hours call time per day
- 5 Meetings per week
- 4 networking events per month
- Matchday Activity – 15 prospect intros per match day
- 2 initiatives per week
Knowledge and Experience
- Proven fast paced sales experience, having both initiated and executed high-value sales in either a B2B or B2C environment.
- Track record of selling to HNW and CXO level clients
- Demonstrable sales experience
- Record of exceeding targets
- Excellent communication skills
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent sales, presentation and negotiation skills.
- Exceptional communication skills
- Experience in Database management
- Proven ability to work with MS Office Packages, including Outlook, Excel and Powerpoint
- A strong contact database of HNW/CXO level clients
- This is a Fixed Term Contract based in Chiswick, London
- Working hours are 9:00 – 17:00, Monday to Friday
- Outside of event travel, there will be a requirement to travel for meetings as part of the role (UK and Ireland)
We want you to have a career you're genuinely excited about - as well as opportunities to learn and challenge yourself or mentor others.
IMG is highly invested in the career development of its employees. If successful in your role, it should provide you with a stepping stone to the next stage and beyond. Examples of roles that people previously advanced to from the role or the level of this position are Business Development Manager. It is important to note that while most people look at the position of their line manager as the next step, there is significant opportunity for cross-promotion across the many different divisions of the company. This is possible because of the vast scope of our company and will be strongly encouraged.
As a valued employee you will have access to development tools including the Events Leadership Academy and the Events Mentoring scheme to support your career and personal development with IMG.
IMG own, operate or commercially represent more than 800 events around the world, including culinary and music festivals, mass participation events, international fashion weeks and leading tournaments and championships in more than a dozen sports.
London (Wembley Stadium), Glasgow (Hampden Park) and Dublin (Dublin Arena) are 3 of 12 host cities for UEFA Euro 2020, with Wembley Stadium playing host to both the semis and final of the tournament. This is one of the most exciting football events to be played inside the UK & Ireland in recent times and a rare opportunity.
IMG is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. Job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.