Event IT Support Operative
6 days left
- Full Time
WHY THIS ROLE?
We’re introducing this role to work within the Event Technology Team providing additional technology support to wider internal functional areas; whilst assisting on other key projects around tournament time support capabilities.
WHO WE ARE
In 2019, England and Wales are set to host the ICC Cricket World Cup for the fifth time and you could be part of it. As the flagship event on the international cricket calendar, it will be the stage for the world’s best players for six weeks of enthralling cricket. You would become a member of a small but hardworking team that is striving for excellence in everything they do.
- Connect with the world – Engaging new and existing audiences to grow the fan base and inspire the next generation of fans and players, whilst supporting key partners to activate.
- Entertain the world – Creating an unrivalled and unique experience for the fans and players with cricket at its heart; the most engaging cricket event ever.
- Inspire the world – Using the power of the event, the game, it’s spirit and diversity to make a lasting difference for cricket.
- Excellence in our world – Every member of CWC19 strives for excellence in everything we do challenging ourselves and each other to think beyond traditional limits and boundaries.
YOU'LL LOVE THIS JOB IF
- You enjoy the challenge of developing and deploying systems and support that contributes to wider organisational objectives and operations.
- You are outcome focussed, with strong attention to detail and an eye to innovation, problem solving and seeking efficient and cost-effective ways to deliver a range of support services to stakeholders.
- You are highly self-motivated and have an unshakable can-do attitude.
- You thrive under busy, variable and exciting environments where no two days are alike.
YOU'LL BE DOING
- Providing a focal point in the CWC19 office for desktop support and assistance to internal functional areas, including: equipment & software installation, configuration and performance; first line IT issue resolution; end user education and training.
- Contributing on key event technology planning projects such as hardware & software acquisition, and the on-site tournament communications model.
- Assisting the Event Technology Manager in planning an effective Tournament Time support model (including identification and deployment of resources) to ensure a resilient and responsive service is provided for all internal and external stakeholders.
- Delivering on-site technology support and issue resolution to internal and external stakeholders at Tournament Time, including management of resources and supporting broadcast and media operations, and working within an agreed communication, command and control structure at venues.
- Working within the agreed business planning framework, using the CWC19 programme management methodologies, documentation and reporting tools.
- Experience working within an IT first line support function, delivering support and end user training for IT applications and systems.
- Knowledge of Windows Server 2008 R2 and onwards inc. ADDS, Windows 10, Office 2016/Office 365 administration tools, cloud storage, SAAS, MDM solutions would be advantageous.
- A focus on establishing, maintaining and positively leveraging effective internal and external stakeholder relationships, including a strong customer service orientation and an ability to explain technological concepts in a relatable manner.
- A Team player approach, be resourceful and possess the ability to demonstrate initiative; still seeking advice or support when required.
- A proven ability to work with efficiency, flexibility, and good humour; understanding the ever-changing events environment which will include unsociable hours.
Please note that there is no set end date for this advert. Please apply as soon as posible, as this role could close at any time.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days’ holiday
- Health Insurance
- Non-contributory 8% pension
- Life Assurance
- Free on-site gym
- Subsidised canteen
- 30% discount on New Balance items
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.