Head of Marketing (12 Month FTC)
Who are we?
London Marathon Events Ltd is one of the world’s leading mass participation sports event organisers.
We organise some of the biggest and best mass participation sports events in the UK including the Virgin Money London Marathon, the Prudential RideLondon festival of cycling and Swim Serpentine.
We are a not-for-profit organisation and any surplus we make is given to The London Marathon Charitable Trust to improve sports and recreation in the areas where we organise events.
Our vision is Inspiring Activity and our company values are: Integrity, Excellence, Together, Inspiration and Fun.
We are looking for an experienced Head of Marketing to engage, grow and inspire our database of would-be runners, cyclists and open water swimmers to enter our events, raise money for charity and get/stay fit.
This is a twelve month fixed term contract and we have ambitious goals to expand our entrants across all our events. Working closely with the creative department and Head of CRM, your job will be to inspire participation from our large database, through our social media channels and through customer acquisition.
Additionally working with our Head of Charities you will work on recruiting, engaging and developing prospective participants for our charity partners
The right candidate will have a consistent track record of success working across digital and print channels.
Reporting to the Communications Director, you will be responsible for:
- Implementing event marketing strategy and running all marketing activity.
- Developing and co-ordinating targeted marketing campaigns to fill our events more quickly.
- Writing briefs and working closely with our in-house design function in developing event marketing communications.
- Handling event marketing budgets.
- Creation and publication of all marketing material.
- Planning and implementing digital campaigns plans to drive online traffic to the company website and convert to entries.
- Working with our Social Media Manager to plan, direct and monitor digital/social media campaigns across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other social networks.
- Executing digital marketing across all of our events utilising a range of techniques including paid search, SEO and PPC.
- Tracking conversion rates and making improvements to digital marketing.
- Monitoring and reporting on return on investment and effectiveness of marketing communications.
- Maintain effective internal communications to ensure that all relevant company functions are kept informed of marketing objectives.
- Utilising customer research and data insights, market conditions and competitor data to optimise marketing strategy and campaigns.
- Analysing and maintaining potential strategic partner relationships for company marketing.
Your Skills and Experience
Ideally, you will have a passion and understanding of the running, cycling and swimming mass participation market. You can write briefs and work with creative teams to produce campaigns and adverts across all channels that are inspiring and get people to enter our events.
You are analytical yet also able to act on your intuition. You have a minimum of two years’ experience leading creative teams and a track record that includes numerous examples of successful marketing campaigns you have crafted and executed across SEM, paid-for social media and influencer marketing to recruit participants/consumers in a sporting context.
You will be expected to work some evenings and weekends when necessary at our events.
As part of the online application process, please provide:
- A covering letter highlighting the reasons you are the right person for the job
- Your CV
- Your salary expectations
The closing date for applications is Sunday 20 January 2019.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.