UEFA EURO 2020 - Volunteer Assistant
|Sector||Federations & LOCs|
|Function||Legal, IT, HR, Finance & Procurement|
UEFA EURO 2020 - Volunteer Assistant
Fixed term contract from 1st April 2019 to 31st July 2020
Contested every four years, the UEFA European Championship has been showcasing the continent’s top talent since its inception in 1960. UEFA EURO 2020 will celebrate 60 years of the tournament and will be played as a ‘Euro for Europe’ in summer 2020 across 12 host countries and cities for the first time.
London and Wembley Stadium will host 7 matches in total between June and July 2020 – three group stage matches, one last-16 match, both semi-finals and the showpiece Final.
UEFA EURO 2020 is being managed in each participating country by the respective national federation on behalf of UEFA. As the Host Association and national federation for England, The FA is responsible for the overall delivery and coordination of the Local Organising Structure (LOS), working in partnership with the Greater London Authority (GLA) and Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS).
Here at The FA we are responsible for overseeing, promoting and developing English football at all levels, from grassroots through to the professional game. The shared values, vision and pride of our people is central to our success. We are growing a team of highly skilled, passionate and hardworking individuals who are committed to the future of English football. We understand that diversity promotes innovation, and therefore we look for people who are great at what they do, no matter their background.
The objective of the UEFA EURO 2020 Volunteer Programme is to plan and implement a meaningful, high quality, efficient and memorable programme across all UEFA EURO 2020 venues. Approximately 1200 volunteers will be required to assist with the delivery of the event’s wide ranging projects in and around Wembley Stadium.
The main mission of the LOS Volunteer Assistant is to assist the LOS Volunteer Manager and Coordinator to oversee and deliver this important aspect of the event, ensuring that volunteers are efficiently sourced, on-boarded, trained to support the event organisation and perform the assigned duties well. For this special EURO edition, UEFA would like to make sure the population of each of the host cities/countries is engaged and then creates a legacy for volunteering in Europe. It is the ambition to offer volunteers an unforgettable experience so that they transport a positive image of football across each of the host countries and even beyond.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide assistance to the LOS Volunteer Manager and Coordinator to ensure that the event’s administrative requirements are delivered in full
- Raise the awareness of the role and function of volunteers both internally and externally
- Assist with all aspects of the volunteers recruitment process including screening applications and conducting interviews
- Support the delivery of an effective training programme, with appropriate support and contents to properly train the volunteers for their position, including the organization of a kick-off event
- Provide assistance and support in relation to all volunteers’ transport needs
- Assist the LOS Volunteer Manager and Coordinator to communicate the shift schedule for all volunteers
- Help to manage the volunteer centre and providing inspiration, support and motivation to the volunteers
- Support the distribution of uniforms
- Contribute to organize the volunteer closing party, including distribution of gifts and certificates
- Undertake all necessary administrative duties, which includes regular communication with candidates and volunteers
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience in the Microsoft Office suite and working with recruitment databases
- Be highly organized and efficient
- Have good interpersonal skills
- Enthusiasm and willingness to take on a wide range of logistic and administrative tasks
- Experience of working with discretion and confidentiality in an HR/Recruitment environment
- Work well under pressure
- Have outstanding communication & presentation skills
- Ability to multitask
- Demonstrate a good understanding of football and the history of the EURO
- Any additional foreign language is an asset
The Football Association (FA)
The Football Association was founded in 1863 as the governing body of the game in England. The FA is responsible for all regulatory aspects of the game of football in England.