UEFA EURO 2020 - Volunteer Coordinator
|Sector||Federations & LOCs|
|Function||Legal, IT, HR, Finance & Procurement|
|Contract Type||Fixed Term|
UEFA EURO 2020 - Volunteer Coordinator
Fixed term contract from 1st April 2019 to 31st July 2020
Contested every four years, the UEFA European Championship has been showcasing the continent’s top talent since its inception in 1960. UEFA EURO 2020 will celebrate 60 years of the tournament and will be played as a ‘Euro for Europe’ in summer 2020 across 12 host countries and cities for the first time.
London and Wembley Stadium will host 7 matches in total between June and July 2020 – three group stage matches, one last-16 match, both semi-finals and the showpiece Final.
UEFA EURO 2020 is being managed in each participating country by the respective national federation on behalf of UEFA. As the Host Association and national federation for England, The FA is responsible for the overall delivery and coordination of the Local Organising Structure (LOS), working in partnership with the Greater London Authority (GLA) and Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS).
Here at The FA we are responsible for overseeing, promoting and developing English football at all levels, from grassroots through to the professional game. The shared values, vision and pride of our people is central to our success. We are growing a team of highly skilled, passionate and hardworking individuals who are committed to the future of English football. We understand that diversity promotes innovation, and therefore we look for people who are great at what they do, no matter their background.
The objective of the UEFA EURO 2020 Volunteer Programme is to plan and implement a meaningful, high quality, efficient and memorable programme across all UEFA EURO 2020 venues. Approximately 1200 volunteers will be required to assist with the delivery of the event’s wide ranging projects in and around Wembley Stadium.
The main mission of the LOS Volunteer Coordinator is to assist the LOS Volunteer Manager to oversee and deliver this important aspect of the event, ensuring that volunteers are efficiently sourced, on-boarded, trained to support the event organisation and perform their roles well. For this special EURO edition, UEFA would like to make sure the population of each of the host cities/countries is engaged and then creates a legacy for volunteering in Europe. It is the ambition to offer volunteers an unforgettable experience so that they transport a positive image of football across each of the host countries and even beyond.
Key responsibilities include:
- Promote the volunteer programme through a number of events to encourage applications
- Review mass applications ensuring successful applicants are appropriately matched to roles which best suit their skills and experience
- Support the build-up of a team of long term volunteers (attraction, recruitment, training and management)
- Coordinate the delivery of an effective training programme, with appropriate support and contents to properly train the volunteers for their roles, including the organization of a kick-off event
- Support the LOS Volunteer Manager to establish and communicate the shift schedule for all volunteers
- Coordinate the volunteer centre at Wembley and provide inspiration, support and motivation to volunteers
- Support the LOS Volunteer Manager to accredit all volunteers and oversee the ordering and distribution of uniforms
- Monitor and evaluate volunteers’ activities and hours at all times
- Coordinate the organization of the volunteer closing party, including distribution of gifts and certificates
- Help the LOS Volunteer Manager to write a venue based debrief and to create a booklet as a souvenir
- Maintain databases and undertake all necessary administrative duties, which includes regular communication with candidates and volunteers
The successful candidate will have:
- Previous experience of working for major sporting events
- Good understanding and experience of delivering an event with volunteers
- Advanced experience in the Microsoft Office suite and working with recruitment databases
- Previous experience of working with social media
- Be organized and efficient
- Have strong interpersonal skills
- Experience of working with discretion and confidentiality in an HR/Recruitment environment
- Ability to work under pressure
- Experience of managing projects
- Have the ability to inspire and motivate people
- Have outstanding communication & presentation skills including confidence of presenting to large audiences
- Ability to multitask
- Demonstrate a good understanding of football and the history of the EURO
- Any additional foreign language is an asset
The Football Association (FA)
The Football Association was founded in 1863 as the governing body of the game in England. The FA is responsible for all regulatory aspects of the game of football in England.