Global Communications Manager – Action Sports
Red Bull Media House is an award-winning, globally distributed multi-platform media company on a mission to inspire with ‘beyond the ordinary’ stories - both direct-to-consumer and through partnerships. With a focus on sports, culture and lifestyle content, Red Bull Media House offers a wide range of premium media products across TV, mobile, digital, audio, and print. Red Bull Media House produces and licenses a broad selection of global live broadcast events, compelling and inspirational local storytelling with original short and long-form programming as well as feature films from around the world. www.redbullmediahouse.com
Areas that apply to your strengths
- Be the action sports Communications expert
You’ll create the global action sports audience communication strategy of Red Bull, come up with an actionable year-round global communications milestones plan, define key editorial principles, and always know about current trends within the global action sports communities (focus on bike, surfing, skateboarding, snowboarding, freeskiing).
- Story potential
Another aspect of this role will be to identify opportunities, evaluate story ideas from a Communications perspective, and translate them into engaging activation ideas and projects to make sure our content travels.
- Asset management
In this role, you’ll take the lead on our earned, shared, owned communication of global action sports assets.
You’ll create the communications strategy and campaign for the specific project, guide the project team, define key media and keep up the conversation with an always on approach, and provide reports, learnings and project recaps.
- Partner up
Not only will you be working with the global action sports audience team and driving them further, but you’ll also be the trusted action sports communications expert and key ambassador within the company.
You’ll support countries in their definition of relevant local media partners, provide them with a year-round action sports audience communications framework, support them with localized adaptions, and keep your eyes open for possible local content opportunities that can be amplified.
Building earned editorial partnerships with leading action sports outlets on a global scale, is part of this role as well.
Your experience includes
- A communication professional with 5+ years’ experience in Communications, PR, Marketing or media led companies
- Bachelor degree
- A strong network and relations to media and influencers in the action sports industry (bike, surfing, skateboarding, snowboarding, freeskiing)
- An open-minded, and smart story seeker who knows what makes a good story
- A proven track record in leading projects and securing brand reach & engagement via earned media amplification
- Ability to think strategically on how to position marketing and media initiatives to guarantee message pull-through to our target audience via media
- Communicative personality that can build media relations in all fields
- Fluent in English
We are looking forward to receiving your online application.