|Location||Hong Kong, Asia|
|Sector||Elite Performance & Coaching|
|Function||Coaching & Sports Development, Technical & Elite Performance|
The Hong Kong Sports Institute Limited (“HKSI”) is the Government’s delivery agent of elite sports training systems. The HKSI’s mission is to provide an environment in which sports talent can be identified, nurtured and developed to pursue excellence in the international sporting arena benchmarked at Asian and Olympic Games results. We are now inviting suitable candidates for the following vacancy:
(Annual performance based remuneration package ranges from HK$443,124 to HK$843,348)
Reporting to the Head Badminton Coach, the Badminton Coach will be responsible for the following duties:
- To coordinate, design, and implement training programmes for elite athletes in Hong Kong;
- To fully utilize and integrate scientific, medical and other athlete support services into the elite training programme to enhance elite training outcomes;
- To monitor athlete performance through comprehensive, multi-method assessment and regular evaluation;
- To provide timely and critically analyzed progress reports to the HKSI and Hong Kong Badminton Association;
- To be responsible for administrative matters related to local and overseas squad training and competitions;
- To supervise Assistant Coaches and part-time coaches; and
- To assist the HKSI and Hong Kong Badminton Association with coach education programmes.
- University degree or its equivalent;
- Holder of a recognized coaching qualification equivalent to Hong Kong Coach Accreditation Programme Level 3 Certificate;
- A minimum of 5 years’ professional coaching experience and proven record of achievement in coaching badminton athletes at national level or its equivalent;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- High level of computer literacy; and
- Awareness/ knowledge of Child Protection in sport and equal opportunity issues in the context of Hong Kong are an added advantage.
[Applicants who have responded to the previous advertisements need not re-apply. Their applications are being considered accordingly.]
Please send full resume with current and expected salary, contact telephone number, email and postal addresses, and availability to The Human Resources Manager, Hong Kong Sports Institute Ltd, 25 Yuen Wo Road, Sha Tin, New Territories or email: hrdept@ hksi.org.hk on or before 16 January 2019. Please quote reference no. GS-20190103-BDC in the application.
Appointment will be on a fixed term contract. General information is available at the website http://www.hksi.org.hk.
Applicants who are not invited for interview within six months may consider their applications unsuccessful.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence. Data collected will be used for recruitment and other employment-related purposes only.
THE HKSI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER
Hong Kong Sports Institute Limited (HKSI)
The HKSI’s mission is to provide an environment in which sports talent can be identified, nurtured and developed to pursue excellence in the international sporting arena benchmarked at Asian and Olympic Games results.