Payroll and Benefits Manager
|Sector||Federations & LOCs|
|Function||Finance & Procurement, Legal, IT, HR, Finance & Procurement|
Closing Date: 16 January 2019
The Football Association (The FA) is the governing body of football in England. We are responsible for promoting and developing the game at all levels; from grass roots through to the professional game, The FA Cup and the England International teams, and has two core assets: Wembley Stadium and St George’s Park.
The role has responsibility and accountability for:
- Control and maintenance of all areas of the FA Group’s payroll and benefits function including:
- Compliance with all relevant regulatory requirements; and
- Management of the annual renewal, ongoing administration and promotion of the FA benefits offering including linking into the wider employee wellbeing strategy
- Management of the Payroll and Benefits team
- Identifying and leading change to improve existing processes and controls where appropriate
Payroll, benefits and expenses
- Ensure all aspects of payroll, benefits and expenses are appropriately managed including:
- all payrolls are processed accurately and on time
- all payroll, expenses and benefits related financial information is appropriately reflected in the General Ledger
- Ensure monthly, quarterly and annual payroll/tax returns are submitted accurately and on time including PAYE settlement agreement
- Conduct monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations across all payroll, expenses and benefits suspense accounts and investigate discrepancies
- Company cars
- Responsible for the company car fleet including periodic strategic reviews of the fleet design and vendor management of the external fleet manager including ensuring the FA duty of care responsibilities are met
- Maintain and implement The FA Group Staff travel & expenses, company car and driving on business policies, including liaising with HR where required
Ensure that staff expenses are reimbursed in line with, and corporate credit card spend adheres to, the travel & expenses policy
- Responsible for ongoing communication with the business regarding payroll, expenses and benefits queries or changes to policies and procedures
- Provide management information relating to spend on travel, expense & credit cards including FA Council and Board member costs
- Further develop existing management reporting to improve awareness of expenses spend etc.
- Management of the relationship with the pension scheme administrator and liaising with the Chairman of the FA pension scheme as appropriate
- Attendance at the quarterly pension scheme trustee meetings
- Provide support to the Employer nominated trustee as required
- Management and development of the Payroll and Benefits function including setting objectives, monitoring performance etc.
- Build and manage the relationships with key stakeholders including: HR, external suppliers, Procurement, Legal, Finance, IT, Commercial Business etc.
- To maintain and develop key internal and external relationships including account management reviews with external providers and consultants
- Critically assess processes and controls and identify improvements
- Lead process and control improvement changes where appropriate, including understanding interdependencies with other systems, processes etc.
- Foresee, plan, implement and test process and systems in order to comply with changing legislation, pension requirements and policy
- Lead or support on RFP’s for external consultant advisors or system providers as and when required
- Manage systems improvements and coordinate testing and training when new processes are rolled out
What we are looking for:
- CIPP Foundation Degree in Payroll Management or equivalent
- Experience of leading and developing a team
- Building and managing strong relationships both internally and with external organisations
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Detailed knowledge of payroll processes including HMRC legislation
- Knowledge of auto enrolment and DC pensions legislation
- Experience in the annual renewal process for private medical and group risk insurance products
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills, especially Excel (pivots and vlookups)
- Administration of payroll systems
- Strong organisational and prioritisation skills
- Ability to manage change
- Implementation of process improvements
- Experience of the following systems:
- Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains
- Northgate Arinso
- Business Objects for report writing
- SAP Concur on-line expenses system
- Advanced excel skills
What we can offer you:
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary for the right candidate.
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your covering letter.
The Football Association (FA)
The Football Association was founded in 1863 as the governing body of the game in England. The FA is responsible for all regulatory aspects of the game of football in England.