Assistant Scientific Conditioning Coach
|Location||Hong Kong, Asia|
|Sector||Elite Performance & Coaching|
|Function||Coaching & Sports Development, Technical & Elite Performance|
Reporting to the Scientific Conditioning Manager, and under the supervision of a Strength and Conditioning Coach or Senior Scientific Conditioning Coach, the Assistant Scientific Conditioning Coach will be responsible for the following duties:
- To implement safe and effective training programmes for athletes under the guidance of senior staff;
- To supervise the Fitness Training Centre;
- To supervise injured athletes’ training in cooperation with the Sports Medicine Centre and under the guidance of senior staff;
- To monitor the maintenance of the fitness area and equipment;
- To perform fitness and field-testing on athletes for monitoring training progress under the guidance of senior staff;
- To collaborate with other disciplines of the Scientific Conditioning Center and other Centres as appropriate to the biopsychosocial operational model;
- To provide both local and overseas on-field support to elite sports teams if required;
- To centralize and maintain a database for all training records;
- To keep abreast of the current trends of Strength and Conditioning for peak performance; and
- To perform any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- A university degree or diploma in strength and conditioning, sports science or a relevant discipline;
- Holder of certified strength and conditioning specialist certification or a related qualification;
- A minimum of 2 years’ relevant working experience in strength & conditioning. Or having been a full time athlete within a high performance system and trained in strength and conditioning for over 2 years;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills across all levels of athlete, coach and management;
- Conscientiousness and accurate in monitoring athletes, recording data and reporting;
- Able to work irregular hours and perform under pressure;
- Proficient in computer software application such as Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Office;
- Excellent command of both spoken and written English. Ability to speak Putonghua and/or Chinese is a definite advantage; and
- Awareness/ knowledge of Child Protection in sport and equal opportunity issues in the context of Hong Kong are an added advantage.
[Applicants who have responded to the previous advertisements need not re-apply. Their applications are being considered accordingly.]
Please send full resume with current and expected salary, contact telephone number, address and availability to The Human Resources Manager, Hong Kong Sports Institute Ltd, 25 Yuen Wo Road, Sha Tin, New Territories, Hong Kong or email: firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 15 January 2019. Please quote reference no. GS-20190102-ASCC in the application.
Appointment will be on a fixed term contract. General information is available at the website http://www.hksi.org.hk.
Applicants who are not invited for interview within six months may consider their applications unsuccessful.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence. Data collected will be used for recruitment and other employment-related purposes only.
THE HKSI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER
Hong Kong Sports Institute Limited (HKSI)
The HKSI’s mission is to provide an environment in which sports talent can be identified, nurtured and developed to pursue excellence in the international sporting arena benchmarked at Asian and Olympic Games results.