Expert Work Rider (China)
|Sector||Elite Performance & Coaching|
|Function||Coaching & Sports Development, Technical & Elite Performance|
The Hong Kong Jockey Club (HKJC) is operating a Racecourse (https://ctc.hkjc.com/en/index.aspx) at Conghua in Guangdong Province, South China, which officially opened in August 2018. The Conghua Racecourse (CRC) is a major strategic project of HKJC as a cross-border home of HKJC’s stabling, training and racing facilities to support Hong Kong racing operations. It is a 150 plus hectare horse training facility designed to accommodate more than 650 horses from Hong Kong. By transferring horses to CRC for training, it enables HKJC to upgrade training facilities to maintain world-class standard so as to meet the growing demand for horse ownership in Hong Kong.
Expert Work Rider (China)
- Be highly experienced rider of thoroughbred racehorses
- Possess high ability in riding thoroughbred racehorses at slow work or fast gallop ‘to time’ or uphill gallop as requested by the allocated Trainer(s) or his delegate
- Attend stall test/barrier trial when required
- Give timely and accurate feedback/ advice to the allocated Trainer (s) or delegate in riding/ schooling and educating difficult / young thoroughbred racehorses
- Have experience and ability to assist the starting gate team during barrier trials, barrier practice and race day/racing related event duties
- Attend and/ or assist other departments for race day/racing related events as assigned by the department
- Undertake other duties as assigned by Manager when necessary
- Be based in Conghua district of Guangzhou City, China
- Have a minimum of 5 years working experience in riding thoroughbred racehorses
- Preferably be an ex-licensed jockey
- Preferably have Asian/Mainland China working experience
- Be able to jump a horse out of the starting gate and recognise signs of lame horse, deemed to have “bled” or striking itself
- Be able to fit a bridle, saddle, martingale, breastplate, boots and other gears under the instructions from his/her allocated Trainer(s) and or delegate
- Be able to communicate in English
Terms of Employment
The level of appointment will be commensurate with qualification and experience. A contract employment will be offered to the successful candidate. Contract renewal will be subject to mutual agreement between the CRC and the individual.
How to apply
Please send your resume providing data about your education, professional qualifications, work experience (with reference letters) as well as your height/current weight and expected salary.
Hong Kong Jockey Club
A world leading horse racing organisation. A truly remarkable organisation offering you remarkable career opportunities with unparalleled prospects for future growth and development.