Senior Manager - Media and Communications
The International Cricket Council (‘ICC’) is the global governing body for the sport, which administers all aspects of international cricket.
We are currently seeking a Senior Manager - Media and Communications in our Media and Communications (MAC) department, based at our headquarters in Dubai, UAE. The role will report to the ICC’s General Manager – Strategic Communications and will primarily assume responsibility to manage media relations on behalf of the MAC department and lead media operations at ICC Events.
Responsibilities of the Senior Manager - Media and Communications include but are not limited to the following:
- Playing a leading role in the delivery of the ICC communications strategy with a particular focus on telling the ICC story and building heroes and role models in the sport;
- Managing all communications around the ACU;
- Managing day to day media relations, media enquiries and media events;
- Leading media operations at all ICC Events and all associated planning;
- Managing media monitoring service and reporting;
- Supporting the General Manager – Strategic Communications in all areas of the department including crisis management;
- Overseeing the Online Media Zone;
- Supporting the General Manager – Strategic Communications in delivering an effective stakeholder communications programme; and
- Deputising during the General Manager – Strategic Communications’ absence.
Knowledge, Skills, Attitude and Experience
- Significant demonstrated experience and expertise in media management and event media management;
- Excellent written and oral communication in English language including reports and business writing skills;
- Experience in crisis management;
- Experience in large and complex issues rich environments;
- Strong network and established relationships with sporting media globally;
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast paced, pressurised environment;
- Significant experience in sporting environment;
- Additional languages would be desirable – Asian regional languages are particularly useful for this role;
- High degree of personal resilience and integrity;
- Concern for the perceptions of external & internal stakeholders;
- Confident and capable of operating at Board and Senior Management Level;
- A good understanding of and passion for the game of cricket is essential;
- Willing to handle a wide range of work and possess the ability to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines when required;
- Demonstrated multitasking, self-management and organisational abilities;
- Good team player with a flexible approach;
- Meticulous and accurate with a strong eye for detail;
- Self-motivated with a high work ethic; and
- Ability to work with stakeholders from different backgrounds across cultural and national identities.
Conditions of employment
- The position reports to the ICC’s General Manager – Strategic Communications;
- The role involves regular working hours while recognising the need to be flexible, at times;
- There will be a reasonable amount of international travel required as part of this role, especially around events;
- The role requires the selected candidate to relocate to Dubai, UAE;
- The selected candidate will be required to provide two recent work references; and
- Compensation offered will commensurate with qualifications and experience.
If you feel that you can meet the challenge, please email your CV, with a covering letter detailing your current salary and benefits and expectations to: email@example.com.