Sport Director of Multi Sports Department
Federation Internationale de Teqball – International Teqball Federation (FITEQ)
Established in March, 2017, the Fédération Internationale de Teqball (FITEQ) is the governing body presiding over all matters relating to the sport of Teqball. With its offices based in Lausanne (SUI) and Budapest (HUN), the sport of Teqball has enjoyed strong growth over the past years as a result of increasing athlete participation, a growing fan base and the development of strategic partnerships. Such progress was demonstrated by the Olympic Council of Asia (OCA) when, in August, 2018, its General Assembly unanimously recognized ‘Teqball’ as an official sport in the OCA sport programme. So far as the event calendar is concerned, two editions of the Teqball World Cup have been held. The inaugural World Cup was held in Budapest in June, 2017, attracting the participation of 20 teams. In October, 2018, 42 countries competed for the total prize pool of USD $100,000 at the second Teqball World Cup, held in Reims (FRA) entertaining an audience of 3,000 spectators. Until now, FITEQ has only been about a football-based sport, but it is expanding!
Building on these recent accomplishments, FITEQ seeks to continue growing its horizons by introducing new ball games/new sports which are to be played on the same Teqball table. The company are developing four new sports globally by expanding FITEQ’s National Federation framework and its competition portfolio at a rapid pace. FITEQ is primed for action and is looking forward to an exciting future built on great optimism, ambitions and flourishing partnerships.
At FITEQ a young, energetic team is waiting for someone to help develop the multi-sports aspect!
Multi-sports at FITEQ
The Teqball table is a perfect piece of sports equipment for further ball games such as Teqis (tennis-based), Teqpong (table tennis), Teqvolley (volleyball) and Qatch (handball). Each new function will have its own set of rules developed by FITEQ and by athletes respectively. Among the goals for the coming years is to put together training materials which can develop the skills of athletes in their base sports and also in the given Teqsport. The company will be involved in physical educational curriculums in schools, and Teqsports will be taught to children in order to develop their technical knowledge, concentration skills and endurance!
In the second part of 2019, each sport will host an international prize award tournament which are to be organized and conducted. Throughout the year, Teqball are travelling the world promoting the sports.
The chosen candidate is to establish local connections, negotiate local partnerships and build sport diplomacy between FITEQ and National Federations.
The holder of this position will establish the possibilities, open the boundaries, seek senior international sports partners and oversee all four sports in order to reach FITEQ’s goals to become a successful and global multi-sport brand.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in a similar position or in sport development in various sports (especially in handball, volleyball, tennis, table tennis);
- Values driven by the ability to inspire colleagues and be a true ambassador for Teqsports;
- Broad knowledge of international sports, sporting federations and operations of Organizing Committees;
- Accuracy and attention to detail while maintaining a long‐term view;
- Proven track record of providing managerial leadership to a multi-disciplinary team;
- Ability to work and navigate within a growing structure;
- Proven track record in leading complex change management projects, including budget and risk management;
- Demonstrable success in project management and supervision in a similar position;
- A passion for the discipline and complete commitment to contribute to its growth in the world of sport;
- Keen sense of priorities for efficient management of projects and deliverables;
- Ability to exert influence and work in a complex environment;
- High ethical standards with the ability to prioritize the requirements of colleagues;
- People management experience, strong interpersonal skills and adaptability;
- Fluency in English (both written and oral), additional language(s) being advantageous;
- Ability to work outside of traditional work hours;
- Time management skills, with the ability to quickly adjust and react to changes.
- Contribute to and drive the implementation of FITEQ’s strategic objectives;
- Establish a full international competition calendar for each sport in collaboration with the appointed project managers;
- Develop and establish National Associations, creating partnerships;
- Work and collaborate with other senior colleagues on the organization’s strategy and serve as a point of reference for the culture and values of the organization;
- Delivery of global competition portfolios, ensuring a full calendar of events;
- Ensure co-ordination and collaboration amongst and across disciplines, between the sports department and other departments within FITEQ;
- Monitor trends and innovation in sports and entertainment, ensuring that they are communicated within FITEQ/Teqball and that the implication for Teqsports are assessed;
- Ensure that all stakeholders (be it internal or external) are made aware of plans, activities, and development within the sports and that new projects are regularly consulted with them;
- Collaborate with all technical, commercial, and administrative teams as well as with volunteers to develop comprehensive work plans, rules, working books, national calendars and budgets;
- Lead and inspire a team of multi-disciplined professional staff;
- Ensure the organization’s corporate functions contribute to the success of the sport;
- Set the objectives for members of staff aligned to the organization’s core objectives;
- Evaluate staff and support their professional development;
- Participate and lead efforts to develop members and national federations to promote the discipline at a local level;
- Ensure that the potential risks of all disciplines and sport-related activities are identified and implement strategies on how to mitigate the risks through contingency plans;
- Responsibility over budgets and resources in all areas of activities within the department;
- Create and accomplish the strategy for FITEQ sports (Qatch, Teqvolley, Teqpong, Teqis) / roadmap of international expansion / a promotional plan together with the project managers.