Event Workforce Coordinator
|Sector||Federations & LOCs|
|Function||Legal, IT, HR, Finance & Procurement, Events & Operations|
Division / Unit: UEFA Events SA / CEO Office
Contract type: Fixed Term
Start date: 01.03.2019
End date: 31.08.2020
The event workforce management team coordinates UEFA's pool of event freelancers and plans and organises high-quality volunteer programmes for UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League finals, the UEFA Super Cup and European Football Championship final tournaments (EUROs). In this respect, the Event Workforce Coordinator supports the Senior Event Workforce Manager in all tasks, projects and subprojects assigned to the role.
- Leading the implementation of new event workforce concepts and procedures;
- Ensuring that assigned tasks are delivered to the required standard, exchanging information efficiently with all internal and outside parties, including other UEFA divisions, external suppliers, clubs and partners;
- Assuring compliance with local labour laws, liaising with the UEFA Legal Affairs Division on freelancer contracts;
- Researching the local context of the 12 UEFA EURO 2020 venues in terms of fees, reimbursement of expenses, per diems, etc.;
- Preparing and executing freelancer projects for UEFA EURO 2020 and the 2019 and 2020 UEFA club competitions finals;
- Performing routine administrative tasks related to freelancers and their assignments; answering emails and phone calls from international freelancers;
- Liaising closely with other divisions and units in relation to freelancer assignments; following up on budgets and staffing plans;
- Further developing the freelancer database as a freelancer management tool;
- Handling correspondence and dealing with any matters relating to freelancers (ICT tools, email accounts, procedures, on- and offboarding, venue staff database, contracts, invoices, visa requests, etc.);
- Monitoring the availability of freelancers in UEFA's football administration and management tool (FAME).
- Assisting with volunteer programmes as regards recruitment, training, motivation, logistics and implementation, in close cooperation with the Senior Event Workforce Manager;
- Organising workshops.
- from 1 to 3 years in event operations, human resources or the legal field
- from 1 to 3 years in a client-focused industry
- Bachelor's in human resources or sports event management
- English / Proficient
- MS Excel / Proficient
- Good knowledge of Swiss and/or European labour laws and social security systems
The Union of European Football Associations is the administrative body for association football in Europe.